The plastic bag and its deeper meaning

Remove this Banner Ad

Didak Wine

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2009
Northern Suburbs
AFL Club
Collingwood
It has perplexed me since the 4th minute of the second quarter. Nick Daicos juggling a sherrin and a green plastic bag in the middle of the G. That he actually grabbed the bag illustrated to me how peaceful he is playing the game and how in touch he is with everything in his immediate environment. The plastic bag took me back to my primary school days where i would play footy until the dreaded yard duty bell rang for all students to start picking up rubbish. They were the days when Up there Cazaly played over the school PA system daily inviting us to jump off our chairs and take speckies over our class mates. The golden days when teachers were giants in our eyes and when they kicked the footy it hung suspended in the air and then flew away with a flock of birds. My first feeling when I saw Nick shaking the faded green plastic bag in his hand was angst. I was overcome with fear. I projected my colliwobble fears into that bag. Superstitious I know but the game was tight and I feared the worst and said out loud "this is a bad omen." As play continued away from Nick there was a stoppage and a replay showed Nick discarding the bag, waving it as if to say this is just a nuisance, an empty threat, a faded green plastic bag, void and empty. What Nick went on to do in the game especially at the end when it mattered most but also at the end of that 2nd qtr was in retrospect proof that we had this one in the bag, something Destiny had been telling us all along but we were too afraid to hear it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231001-110813_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231001-110813_Chrome.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 63

It’s part of the movie they were filming based on our 2023 season entitled “You F**ken Beauty”.

Explains why I’ve seen Kevin Spacey around town

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It has perplexed me since the 4th minute of the second quarter. Nick Daicos juggling a sherrin and a green plastic bag in the middle of the G. That he actually grabbed the bag illustrated to me how peaceful he is playing the game and how in touch he is with everything in his immediate environment. The plastic bag took me back to my primary school days where i would play footy until the dreaded yard duty bell rang for all students to start picking up rubbish. They were the days when Up there Cazaly played over the school PA system daily inviting us to jump off our chairs and take speckies over our class mates. The golden days when teachers were giants in our eyes and when they kicked the footy it hung suspended in the air and then flew away with a flock of birds. My first feeling when I saw Nick shaking the faded green plastic bag in his hand was angst. I was overcome with fear. I projected my colliwobble fears into that bag. Superstitious I know but the game was tight and I feared the worst and said out loud "this is a bad omen." As play continued away from Nick there was a stoppage and a replay showed Nick discarding the bag, waving it as if to say this is just a nuisance, an empty threat, a faded green plastic bag, void and empty. What Nick went on to do in the game especially at the end when it mattered most but also at the end of that 2nd qtr was in retrospect proof that we had this one in the bag, something Destiny had been telling us all along but we were too afraid to hear it.

The players can come off the ground and have a chat with Jackie....perhaps we need something for spectators..

My initial thoughts were the bag being N Daicos’ Pendlebury bouncing on the pigeon moment.
Came to post the same thing. Two Collingwood GOATs with these 1 in a million coincidences lol.

It has perplexed me since the 4th minute of the second quarter. Nick Daicos juggling a sherrin and a green plastic bag in the middle of the G. That he actually grabbed the bag illustrated to me how peaceful he is playing the game and how in touch he is with everything in his immediate environment.
On the contrary, I thought it was a bold and inspirational stance against use of fossil fuels and non-renewable materials by one of the most important figures of modern times.

On the contrary, I thought it was a bold and inspirational stance against use of fossil fuels and non-renewable materials by one of the most important figures of modern times.
Handed it to Bobby, anointing him to be the one to actually kick a bag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back