Player Sponsorship The player sponsorship discussion thread

• Thread starter Old Spice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

Didaka has kindly declined his 3-game membership as he is already a member. It has been redrawn and awarded (by the same random means) to Old Spice. Spicey please send me your postal address or if you are not desirous of your prize, post here and it will be re-re-drawn.

I'm thinking any 3-game memberships which have not been claimed (ie. postal address PM'ed to me) by the midnight Aug 9th deadline, will be given to the 2010 sponsorship group members who simply post in here first after that time. We've only got 3 games left of the regular season, it would be silly to stand on ceremony and have them go to waste. Any objections?

Thanks mate.

No we haven't received the '09 jumper yet. This is the jumper that Skeetz bought (with her own money, I'm led to believe) to replace the one that went missing, and had the club get it signed for us. Currently it is still in Skeetz's possession and hasn't been forwarded on, although she has made it clear she has every intention of doing so.

I'll keep you guys updated on that one, but Skeetz has not replied to my e-mails over the last few weeks.

TRS superb job and Pongo well done too!:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::)

Are we still doing the sponsorship next year?

I'll be in $ wise again - hope Skeetz gets on top of things!

Well done again!

Cheers to all the Happy Grinning Winners too!

Didn't get around to thanking you and Pongo, such was dismay at missing a jumper.:D

You both did a great job and pulled the proverbials out of the fire.

Don't forget the 09 Didak jumper has my name on it.

The power of Swan compels you!

Passion8pie and Magpie Ink have claimed their 3-game memberships, Didaka and Morax have decided someone else might get better use out of them. Old Spice hasn't claimed the redrawn membership.

Therefore at this point, I invite any 2010 Collingwood BF player sponsor to post here requesting a 3-game membership, and the first two posters will be awarded one*.

*They still haven't arrived from the club yet, I'm checking my mail daily.

Passion8pie and Magpie Ink have claimed their 3-game memberships, Didaka and Morax have decided someone else might get better use out of them. Old Spice hasn't claimed the redrawn membership.

Therefore at this point, I invite any 2010 Collingwood BF player sponsor to post here requesting a 3-game membership, and the first two posters will be awarded one*.

*They still haven't arrived from the club yet, I'm checking my mail daily.

may i request the 3 game membership?

Didaka has kindly declined his 3-game membership as he is already a member. It has been redrawn and awarded (by the same random means) to Old Spice. Spicey please send me your postal address or if you are not desirous of your prize, post here and it will be re-re-drawn.

I'm thinking any 3-game memberships which have not been claimed (ie. postal address PM'ed to me) by the midnight Aug 9th deadline, will be given to the 2010 sponsorship group members who simply post in here first after that time. We've only got 3 games left of the regular season, it would be silly to stand on ceremony and have them go to waste. Any objections?

Doh, looks like I missed the boat. I've got a m/ship, but if Mars and the Snagglepus can't go, let me know and I'll pass onto my bro-in-law.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the 3 game memberships are for home games only. So you can only use it for the Adelaide game.
****! I hadn't thought of that. Jamie at the club mentioned that there was the possibility of "rolling them over" for next year, but I thought it better to get hold of them this year as;
a) I didn't know if there'd even be a sponsors group next year, and
b) People might have been beginning to think this was all a big con.

So as it is, I've received the 3-game memberships, the Presidents' function tickets, and the Simon Buckley jumper (thanks Jamie, you're a star!).

3-Game Memberships
Snag Breac
Magpie Ink
Mars II
Passion8pie

President's Function Tickets (Rd 21 vs. Adelaide)
Optimax
Robertg22
Visions
These have all been sent out by me today at 1550 hrs, please check your mail for a white postage paid envelope with Kempsey Post Office pictured in the top-right-hand corner.

President's Function Tickets (Rd 21 vs. Adelaide)
Hoggy

Simon Buckley Jumper
Pedro

Alan Didak Jumper
Obese Arachnid
These have yet to be sent out. Hoggy, I need you to PM me your address. Pedro, likewise. Obese Arachnid, thanks for your PM, once I receive the Didak jumper I'll send that out to you, or arrange to meet you if you'd prefer (the jumpers come with a certificate that you'd ideally not want to bend in the mail).

Details for the President's Function, Saturday 21st August;

Arrival time: 5pm for pre-dinner drinks, 5:30pm entree is served. Game starts 7:10pm.
Ticketing requirements: Each barcoded swing ticket gains entry into both the MCG and the Olympic dining room and must be worn at all times.
Reserved seating: Your reserved seating will be issued on the day. The viewing area is in the open so it is advisable to bring a jacket.
Directions: The Olympic Room is located on Level 2 of the Northern Stand. Entry is gained via Gate 3. Once inside, take lifts 9, 10 or 11 to Level 2.
Dress: Men - strictly jacket and tie. Women - accordingly. Strictly no denim.
Persons under the age of 18 years will not be permitted into the Dining Room. Identification must be produced upon request.

No worries, enjoy. I should additionally mention that Mars II and Magpie Ink's memberships will be addressed to "Mars II" and "Magpie Ink" as you didn't give me your names to go along with your addresses! :p

Thanks TRS, you're a gem.
Must say it'll be the first time I've worn a tie at the footy though ;)
Looking forward to it! Go Pies.

My thoughts too

Full suit at the footy never thought I'd do that but hey first time for everything.

Looking forward to it and meeting some of the other board members

Thanks TRS for all your efforts in picking up the sponsorship packages.

Totally stoked to get the chance to go to the presidents dinner function.

Will make a change from the normal tracksuit I wear to the footy. Even working in an office as an engineer I don't wear a tie. Will feel like I'm going to church.

Details for the President's Function, Saturday 21st August;

Dress: Men - strictly jacket and tie. Women - accordingly. Strictly no denim.
Persons under the age of 18 years will not be permitted into the Dining Room. Identification must be produced upon request.

That's a lot of help. :p

My thoughts too

Full suit at the footy never thought I'd do that but hey first time for everything.

Looking forward to it and meeting some of the other board members

You'd be better in a straight-jacket Opti.

Very, very happy. My 3-game m'ship just arrived - thanks TRS - and even if it's only valid for 10 minutes in Bay 13, I will treasure it always, because it says on it:

BigFooty.com Magpies Board:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

It's priceless, and no, I won't sell to any of you memorabilia collectors. This will be an heirloom.

Thanks Snagalicious one, I'm pleased that the membership got to you so promptly. Australia Post really do a decent job given I only received/posted them at 1550 yesterday. If others could post here when things arrive, it would be much appreciated and a weight off my mind. :thumbsu:

Sorry about the lack of detail in the dress regulations, but that's a direct quote from the accompanying letter. Luckily it doesn't affect memberships, only the Pres Function attendees.

Those with the 3-game memberships will be pleased to know that upon presentation at the Collingwood membership tent, you'll be entitled to a free 2010 members' cap. :p

Thanks Snagalicious one, I'm pleased that the membership got to you so promptly. Australia Post really do a decent job given I only received/posted them at 1550 yesterday. If others could post here when things arrive, it would be much appreciated and a weight off my mind. :thumbsu:

Sorry about the lack of detail in the dress regulations, but that's a direct quote from the accompanying letter. Luckily it doesn't affect memberships, only the Pres Function attendees.

Wrong! As if I'm going to disgrace the BF Magpies by turning up to to game in something other than my best accordingly. I'm having it laundered even as I post.

Those with the 3-game memberships will be pleased to know that upon presentation at the Collingwood membership tent, you'll be entitled to a free 2010 members' cap. :p

YooooooOO HHHHHOOOOOOOOO. If only I had two heads!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back