Player Sponsorship The player sponsorship discussion thread

• Thread starter Old Spice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry guys for the late reply.

Got the membership in the mail, will be put to good use this week against the Crows.

Did u find out if they can be used for away games this year? i.e- Pies v Hawks

Thanks again to everyone who has run the group this year.

Cheers.

The idea that the 3-game memberships might only be valid for home games sounds plausible, but it was only raised after I'd sent them out. Does your membership say anything on it which might shed some light on the issue?

Hoggy didn't feel comfortable accepting his President's Function ticket after going to the season launch earlier in the year, so he's honourably offered his ticket to Morax, who gave him the season launch ticket.

In the event that Morax doesn't want/can't use/doesn't reply re: this ticket, it will go to the next randomly generated sponsorship member who in this case, happened to be me! LOL. But of course I can give Morax the max amount of time, because I wouldn't need to send it anywhere in the event Morax isn't up for it.

Pedro, your Simon Buckley jumper was mailed to you today. The post hadn't been picked up yet, so there's a good chance you'll get it tomorrow.

Morax, I pretty much need to hear from you tonight about the President's Function on Saturday, or there's no conceivable way to get your ticket to you in time.

Right, no response from Morax (who lives interstate so probably couldn't attend anyway) so the ticket is redrawn with the random number generator, and the winner of that draw was me.

So Visons, Robertg22 and Opti, I'll see you tomorrow night. :)

Good stuff TRS, reckon you deserve it anyway given the hard work you've put in to getting everything going for us all. See you then!
Just a quick Q, once there, do we just need to show the pass we've got and then get our name (assuming Bigfooty Magpies) ticked off a list?

Hey Rob,

Been before.

You walk in and show your pass. That will get you through the door.

Once in you tell a guy with a clipboard that your with Bigfooty and he'll tell you which table you are seated at.

From there eat, drink & enjoy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, that's pretty much it. Last time they had a little sweep for first goalscorer, which is optional, cost about $10 I think. Otherwise everything else was free. :)

TRS, will catch you tomorrow then.

Just a question with the dress code of jacket and tie if anyone knows. Is the jacket as in a suit jacket, or can you wear a casual type jacket if you so wish?

The idea that the 3-game memberships might only be valid for home games sounds plausible, but it was only raised after I'd sent them out. Does your membership say anything on it which might shed some light on the issue?

It says "Admits to 3 home games" on the back so it looks like it's only good for the Pies v Crows game.

Was keen to take the Mrs to the Pies v Hawks game but oh well thems the breaks.

Strictly a suit jacket, although you can then take an "Overjacket" (raincoat) jacket to wear when you take your allocated seats out on level 2. (if you go out...)

Thanks muzzy. So you can watch the match from the room I take it if you so wish?

Thanks muzzy. So you can watch the match from the room I take it if you so wish?

Believe you get a view from the window yeah

Yep, there is a reasonable view from the windows, especially if the weather is cold.

You should be on the half forward flank in the Olympic stand, level 2. Almost as good as the MCC Members Long Room.

Have a great evening. Don't drink too much too early, and you'll have a ball.

Also, if your table is not full, make sure you swap plates around and eat all the entree's... Even if they don't look that good, if you don't eat the entrees at the empty seats, they don't put the main meals there later ;).

Cheers
Muzzy.

It's not like being out in the seats though.

Which is why barring hurricane Katrina localized on the mcg I'll be out at my seat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back