Prediction The player who will be the biggest Improver 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Crozier entering his prime will get even better next year.

Smith the biggest and I think vandermeer will get into the 1s at some stage.

I think naughton and tim will both move further towards AA squad positions and by 2021 be in the team

Reckon Lachie Young can be a best 22 fixture by the end of next year.

I think he has the tools to make it too. My concern is whether he gets a good run at it. I see him as a non KP backman. With Wood, Crozier, Daniel, JJ, William's and possibly others tried at HB Richard's, R Smith etc it is going to be hard to get a go. How many hbs do we need?

I think he has the tools to make it too. My concern is whether he gets a good run at it. I see him as a non KP backman. With Wood, Crozier, Daniel, JJ, William's and possibly others tried at HB Richard's, R Smith etc it is going to be hard to get a go. How many hbs do we need?
It's a fair point. I think the best 22 player he can challenge may well be Suckling, otherwise he may need for a Wood or Cordy to be unavailable.

Bailey Dale and Bailey Williams were my picks for this year. Was looking horrible at the bye period but BD turned it around.

Zaine Cordy is my tip for next year. Underwhelming year in 2019 but he’ll be 23 with 71 games under his belt next year and ready to make a jump. See him as pretty similar to Darcy Gardiner who I thought was pretty meh until 18 months but has become a very solid player. Unfortunately we don’t have a Harris Andrews for Cordy to play off.
If he plays as a third tall in the backline with Naughton (big if) & Young, he could very well be a stand out next year.

Crozier severely underrated since the bye of 2018---great pick up by the club.

Biggest improver next year is/hoping he will be---Pat Lipinski---another preseason to put on size on increase endurance so he can play longer in mid---also very accurate goalkicker----so if we can get 20-25 goals and low 20's disposals per game then can only add to our midfield depth/rotations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is an excellent question. It is exciting that there are so many prospects. I think Lipinski is going to have a Dunkley like breakout year myself, and by this time next year we will have 4 accepted guns in our midfield.

It is really amazing to consider how much depth we are about to have in our midfield - I find it difficult to believe we won't have 6 legitimate A-grade midfielders in 2 or 3 years time (adding West and Smith to the other 4). Has there ever been a midfield with that many guns before?

This is an excellent question. It is exciting that there are so many prospects. I think Lipinski is going to have a Dunkley like breakout year myself, and by this time next year we will have 4 accepted guns in our midfield.

It is really amazing to consider how much depth we are about to have in our midfield - I find it difficult to believe we won't have 6 legitimate A-grade midfielders in 2 or 3 years time (adding West and Smith to the other 4). Has there ever been a midfield with that many guns before?

Despite the Hun

- Bonti and Mac in the top 20 Brownlow
- Hunter and Dunkley averaging close to 30
- Libba former AA and with fitness is a leader with grunt
- Smith player ALL games on first year in a team that played finals and held his own

This gives us a fantastic 6

- Lipinski, McLean and Wallis both have outstanding games and would slot into most midfields on the league
- West, Richards and Williams have shown very very good progress

Out of these other 6 we get potential stars and reliable quality.

Note - assuming Daniel is a HBF/HFF.

While I worry that Williams might end up as part of a trade is he stays we will see big leaps next year on him, Lipinski, west and Richards.

Hard to not go with one of these but my call next year is the resurrection of McLean! Couldn’t find his place this year but last year was really coming on - showed he can take games apart.

What about a player who will go backwards? I'm not confident Dureya will have another good season. I am happy to be proven wrong, but I don't think he'll be in our best 22 by season's end.

Worried that if either Wallis or Libba aren’t playing consistently or bordering on best new recruits (given they missed large chunks of 2019) then they won’t have a contract in 2021

Cordy will dominate now that he has Keath with him.

What about a player who will go backwards? I'm not confident Dureya will have another good season. I am happy to be proven wrong, but I don't think he'll be in our best 22 by season's end.

Wood. Amazing effort to play every game this year but he is clearly slowing down. If he can get back to AA form it'd be a miracle.

Lipinski and Smith to tear the comp apart in 2020.

Smith to get reported at least once. Kid has a mongrel streak, and I love it.

Bontempelli,

Will average 5 more possessions than 2019 and go at 80% goal scoring accuracy to win the norm smith, brownlow, AFLMVP, AFLCA, AA and Charlie Suttom BnF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back