Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Very simplistic outlook.

With all due respect, all of your penalties would have meant nothing compared to football we see on TV.

With all due respect I am not being paid huge amounts of money to play football.

Unless a keeper produces a wonder save there is no excuse for a professional footballer missing a penalty if they keep it simple and slot it in the corners with power. These days when a footballer misses it is often because they change their mind mid run up or try and br a smart are by putting it down the middle.

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
I can’t argue he had a good game, he didn’t. But I’ll reserve judgement until he has a team around him that gives him a chance to play to his potential. He had Fred, McTominay and Lingard out there with him, and only managed 34% possession. He can’t be a one man midfield. United need new fullbacks, new centre halfs, at least 2 new midfielders and probably another attacking option.

I’ll put it this way, if he was putting in performances like that playing in any of the other top 6 teams in the league I’d be first in line to criticise him. But he’s not the type of player who will carry an average team, which United are. But put him in a good team and he’ll be just about the best player on the pitch. His performances for France show that.
So in other words he's a downhill skiier?

Last edited:

Too many excuses are made for pogba, if he actually was as good as how he has been rated he wouldn't need people constantly defending him and would let his football do the talking but he doesn't do that anywhere near consistently enough
Has that checked out I’m off to Madrid vibe.

Aside from the defence of the lame penalty jibes; I do think (1) he’s vastly overrated (2) United massively overpaid (3) he hasn’t got close to the level of performance expected and (4) this is the best backfire Bojan has ever had.

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Well yeah, most players like him are. They knew that when they bought him. At the end of the day he’s 10th in the league for goals scored and 6th for assists, from midfield, in a team that’s largely struggled. They need to improve the players around him, not him.
Why are utd. forking that sort of money out for a downhill skiier if the core of the team, the players that will actually win games aren't there?

Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
Why are utd. forking that sort of money out for a downhill skiier if the core of the team, the players that will actually win games aren't there?
You’ve hit the nail on the head there really. They shouldn’t be. They’ve got a defence that ships goal, fullbacks that lack any attacking threat, a midfield that can’t maintain possession and forwards that look disinterested and wasteful (Rashford the exception..he has quality and tries hard). All of that needs fixing before they’ll get the consistent best out of a player like Pogba.

Impressive
a8c4224bcaaab41b294b4b3181e50222.jpg

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Whoever buys him will be making a mistake

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oshka