Roast The Point of No Return

Remove this Banner Ad

Is getting to the stage where everyone just stands up raises their scarf looks down and frowns, like they're forced to do it. It's as manufactured as anything this club has ever done.
It is not. The club is manufacturing over it, which is different.

Everyone should calm down. If a football team hasnt broken your heart then you dont follow football. It was one game. Theres only one game per season that matters and yesterdays game wasnt it. Stunning loss as it was, it is now history and we move on to next week. Just remember WW2 worst setback in military history, Stalin was depressed for a week then got out from under his bed had a few Generals shot and well lets just say that we all dont speak German now.
Shuddup

This annoys me more than it probably should. That horrid ground announcer and how he NEVER refers to us as "Port Adelaide fans". Go away you NOVA spiv.
Annoys me too, and I would much rather be referred to as a supporter than a fan. 'Fan' just sounds less invested.

Everyone should calm down. If a football team hasnt broken your heart then you dont follow football. It was one game. Theres only one game per season that matters and yesterdays game wasnt it. Stunning loss as it was, it is now history and we move on to next week. Just remember WW2 worst setback in military history, Stalin was depressed for a week then got out from under his bed had a few Generals shot and well lets just say that we all dont speak German now.

Wow. So much stupid crammed into one little post.

Hot take

That was last week.

Ken decides that he’ll give the generals he needed to shoot one more crack because the army almost broke through in spite of their incompetence.

Then he wonders why his soldiers served up that pile of s**t.

He’s too ******* close to the players to make the tough calls, but not close enough to inspire them to make them respect him.

With the benefit of hindsight, the point of no return really was when we didn't plan for a 2 year CAS suspension of Ryder and Monfries. It was October, WADA/ASDA had appealed to CAS, it was trading period and the draft was a month away.

2015 was the year of stupidity. The exaggerated media side show in Melbourne before the season, Koch and the Farriss brothers, Kane Cornes individual before the team retirement, getting him to 300 games, and the CAS outcome possibility ignorance.

We put nothing in place for the worst case scenario, We stupidly believed that the AFL were good blokes and would look after us.

I cracked the shits at the time, but I was in denial that we could recover from being so dumb. I have been in denial since. We haven't recovered. We have just finessed around the edges.

We lacked intellectual horsepower back then and we aren't much better 3.5 years later.

We make the same mistakes over and over again and we don't improve the fundamentals. Still don't have the right amount of KPP's spread out over the different 3 year age brackets. We have a big hole in the 23-26 year bracket for all players.

We have poor depth as a result, so if the main guys get injured we don't have good enough replacements.

The malaise is still there. It will be, until the Monolith of Malaise is extracted.

Feel thanks for the report. We live on diff universes and yr universe can get up my. The mods have done the correct thing and applied a lenient reminder. I agree that over the top personalizing is not ok. For the life of me i cant understand how soft targets can be victimised, ridiculed repeatedly and the line is only seemingly between posters. I cant see that a justification such as that is what they are paid for?

I haven’t seen it yet I had to go to a party but come inn duursma is the least of our problems.

Why was SPP shafted our of the midfield for so long last night? Sent to the abyss of the HFF.

Why was Westhoff lazy as hell not leading, not influencing the play? Paddy Ryder was another what was that?

Schofield got schooled last night. I will be interested how he backs up his next midfield performance against Richmond.

Richmond has shown its cards on how it plays us time and time again.

They set up behind the ball ,don’t allow short kicks and wait for our s**t skill and dumb football to turn it over.

Then they just go at full speed.

Our head coach is just so, so dumb.

Then he blames our forwards for not marking, he wasn’t even resting our ruck in the forward line for most of the match he was on the bench and Westoff was running around doing SFA.

Until process and structure are words used and appreciated we are doomed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel thanks for the report. We live on diff universes and yr universe can get up my. The mods have done the correct thing and applied a lenient reminder. I agree that over the top personalizing is not ok. For the life of me i cant understand how soft targets can be victimised, ridiculed repeatedly and the line is only seemingly between posters. I cant see that a justification such as that is what they are paid for?

I didn't report you.

Keep going the way you are and you'll get banned without anyone else's help.

I haven’t seen it yet I had to go to a party but come inn duursma is the least of our problems.

Why was SPP shafted our of the midfield for so long last night? Sent to the abyss of the HFF.

Why was Westhoff lazy as hell not leading, not influencing the play? Paddy Ryder was another what was that?

Schofield got schooled last night. I will be interested how he backs up his next midfield performance against Richmond.
The point of no return with Westhoff for me was a couple of years ago after his usual going missing in action and missing goals for 7-10 after 1 good game. I made the call to my brother that I'm not trusting him again. So last year and 1st game this year happen and I'm a battered wife there just might be a chance he's finally changed. I mean he's in his thirties, maturity finally kicked in. It's not going to happen.

Seriously I cant believe the club pays shills to come on this board and back them in.

******* sickening.

Would this really surprise anyone? I mean, the way they've sent their media lackey's like Tredrea and Kane Cornes out there to spin the whole Wingard thing (club good, Wingard bad, he had to go for the sake of world peace) in their favour just shows the lengths they'll go to avoid any heat.

Last edited:
It was one game? You been following Port for 3 days champ?
No sorry born into the club old man was a wharfie when I was a kid we went 12 years without a flag saw plenty of awful port losses remember one game seconds to go a couple of points up Ebert gets ball I relax and he spots up a North player straight out in front who slots goal North win see everyone can stuff up. What does disturb me is that teams didnt want to play us after a loss but now they line up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back