Roast The Point of No Return

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully last night is the moment the club made it's turn onto the right path, and we have said goodbye to the small forward lines, and things we have all become used to and annoyed with.

Everything about last night's win is sustainable for the rest of the season, and it's the level this group, and Hinkley have to be held to for the rest of the season.

One thing we can agree on, whether you are in the Hinkley out, or Hinkley stay or whatever camp you are in, it's better to wake up feeling like Port Adelaide again, with a win based on hard work and character, then it is waning up to what we have been used to the last 5 years.

Hopefully last night is the moment the club made it's turn onto the right path, and we have said goodbye to the small forward lines, and things we have all become used to and annoyed with.

Everything about last night's win is sustainable for the rest of the season, and it's the level this group, and Hinkley have to be held to for the rest of the season.

One thing we can agree on, whether you are in the Hinkley out, or Hinkley stay or whatever camp you are in, it's better to wake up feeling like Port Adelaide again, with a win based on hard work and character, then it is waning up to what we have been used to the last 5 years.
I often like to ponder what Fos Williams would have thought of our performance. Against Brisbane and Richmond, blood would have been spilt in the changerooms, but last night, he would have had a satisfied grin on his face. More of that, please.

Last edited:

Actually it’s me. Roman Empire. I learnt about the Rubicon last week. I’m guessing Janus is some sort of Roman name too.

Ah no - I actually knew about Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon with his army and being declared a traitor against the Roman Senate already. That’s what people refer to when they talk about the point of no return - because Caesar was given an order not to do so and he did it anyway.

His words when crossing the river were apparently “The die is cast.” So when ever you hear someone talking about the die being cast, the point of no return or crossing the Rubicon - they are referring to that moment.

Janus is the Roman god of beginnings and endings. The alpha and the omega.

This is not the end. This is not even the beginning of the end.

But if we can overcome this 1st quarter deficit to beat Collingwood perhaps it is the end of the beginning.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The 3rd quarter will be telling. If they score early and we shut up shop and go on to lose by 40+ that will be so disappointing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's nothing else you can really say at this point. What happened to that free flowing, run at all costs game earlier in the season? At the moment all we seem to do is immediately look backwards for a handball.

There's nothing else you can really say at this point. What happened to that free flowing, run at all costs game earlier in the season? At the moment all we seem to do is immediately look backwards for a handball.

It’s an exciting gameplan. It’s also a gameplan that hasn’t been replicated by any good finalists in the past 10 years. Probably longer, I’ve phased out those 2000s.

The good teams play like this when they rebuild and then shift to a more sustainable plan to actually win. We just have never done that.

Nothing is change while Hinkley is here, we will have a good win every now and then (like WCE, but just quietly look at what Geelong then did) and a lot of bad wins (Carlton, North) where the get the 4 points that mask his failings and there will always be performances like tonight, like not taking advantage of Richmonds out.

Nothing more than a middle of the pack team. The notion of Hinkley taking us to a flag is nothing more than a delusion, probably driven by wanting a flag for Boak and Robbie.

I know so many don’t think Wines should be captain but can we legitimately take it off him and leave it with just Jonas.

Would that ever happen? Pretty embarrassing if so for the coaches, the club and the 1 million dollar man himself.

Would love them to bullshit some excuse that Wines has personal probalems and feels better not having the captaincy. He’s been shithouse since having it and is our highest paid player. So either he pulls his finger out or we find some reasonable excuse that doesn’t embarrass us anymore than it has to and get that captaincy role off of Wines.

I know so many don’t think Wines should be captain but can we legitimately take it off him and leave it with just Jonas.

Would that ever happen? Pretty embarrassing if so for the coaches, the club and the 1 million dollar man himself.

Would love them to ******** some excuse that Wines has personal probalems and feels better not having the captaincy. He’s been shithouse since having it and is our highest paid player. So either he pulls his finger out or we find some reasonable excuse that doesn’t embarrass us anymore than it has to and get that captaincy role off of Wines.

I think it would have to be Wines' call to make.

Wines ****ed himself over with the skiing incident. Not only was it a bad look, he’s now carrying a bung shoulder for the season. Whatever ability he had to hit a target with a handball is gone.

His own worst enemy for 2019.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back