Roast The Point of No Return

A48D40B2-DBB6-4093-9A30-A0B434E09AD2.jpeg

In case anyone runs into revisionist “they loved him five minutes ago/Hinkley’s a miracle worker” tripe, just a reminder that this was part of the rapsheet before Koch decided he wasn’t going to be one-upped by Tony Cochrane and the Suns again.

Then tack on last year’s dross, the 11-4 freefall and now seemingly pivoting to a ‘kids are learning/rebuild’ narrative, despite throwing picks and cash at a stack of 26-27 year olds over the past 3-4 years - Ryder, Dixon, Rockliff, Motlop, Watts, Lycett.

View attachment 654398

In case anyone runs into revisionist “they loved him five minutes ago/Hinkley’s a miracle worker” tripe, just a reminder that this was part of the rapsheet before Koch decided he wasn’t going to be one-upped by Tony Cochrane and the Suns again.

Then tack on last year’s dross, the 11-4 freefall and now seemingly pivoting to a ‘kids are learning/rebuild’ narrative, despite throwing picks and cash at a stack of 26-27 year olds over the past 3-4 years - Ryder, Dixon, Rockliff, Motlop, Watts, Lycett.

Hinkey's manager is worth every damn penny. Played the club for fools and this is after the Choco debacle. I mean, there was a clear historical lesson with re-signing the senior coach at Port (!) that was fresh enough to give pause but no, a gutless board and an egocentric chairman wanted a legacy. Well, they ******* got one.

Dentshop

Club Legend
May 7, 2010
Hotel de Crillon
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Huh?
And you watch Rucci get on the front foot and back in the club and talk down condescendingly to the supporters with his stock standard, “What do they expect from a young group and a game plan that’s still a work in progress? Fans are far too impatient” nonsense.

Rucci is a massive gas-lighter.

"Port Adelaide supporters need a little perspective and not fly off the deep end..."

Nek minnet

"...well if Port Adelaide supporters really wanted change they would be down at Alberton right now with protest signs..."

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Everyone should calm down. If a football team hasnt broken your heart then you dont follow football. It was one game. Theres only one game per season that matters and yesterdays game wasnt it. Stunning loss as it was, it is now history and we move on to next week. Just remember WW2 worst setback in military history, Stalin was depressed for a week then got out from under his bed had a few Generals shot and well lets just say that we all dont speak German now.
Yeah, but under that analogy if Koch came out this week and sacked his Generals (Hinkley, Voss and Bassett) we'd be happy. Who's expecting that?

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We make the same mistakes over and over again and we don't improve the fundamentals. Still don't have the right amount of KPP's spread out over the different 3 year age brackets. We have a big hole in the 23-26 year bracket for all players.
And the club has told us we only have Hayes as he dropped way past what was expected. So our only really potentially decent replacement ruck was by pure chance, not planning! One of the few positives I have to say about Adelaide is their prioritising of drafting talls and keep drafting them until they get one's that prove themselves.

You know you're ****ed when you have shills coming on here praising Stalin.

“People wept about the carnage of The Somme, but look how fertile that ground is 100 years later. Only 99 years to go, Power fans!”

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hinkley doesn't even cop much from the Vic media I mean I understand it here they love us bathing in mediocrity but how the **** does he escape it over there.

Hinkley doesn't even cop much from the Vic media I mean I understand it here they love us bathing in mediocrity but how the **** does he escape it over there.

If there is more visibility of the anger from fans through social media, the media will be on it. It's in their best interest.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks

We're irrelevant over there. Gerard gave up on his love affair with us in 2015 and it was all over.

We’re fulfilling our end of the bargain as a solvent Washington Generals who supply our best players to Victorian clubs for peanuts.

Need Todd to kick 18 today.

Aw gee yeah nah Toddy had a good game today kicking 18 but we want to see him back it up consistently for a few weeks and really work on his defensive pressure, AJ will be coming into the side this week and we're looking forward to that speed and tackling that he'll bring to the side.

Last edited:

SupportMe

Club Legend
Jul 20, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies
I think to get the most out of my membership home, I need to view this team differently.

Instead of focusing on the greater narrative of making finals and turning the corner I need to start looking at which players are going to lead us forward longer term.

I am not going to sit in denial and get stressed anymore. Denial seems to be what our admin and head coach seem to be in.

Watch us inexplicably push West Coast on Good Friday. Fueled by pith and vinegar, falling short because of one of our usual flaws. And they’ll sit there and be content with that.

Back