Roast The Point of No Return

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing has changed? I guess we still have tarps over seats. I guess people are talking about taking our licence back because we are broke. The reality is we are playing a great exciting brand of football, lots of people go to the games, players want to come to the club oh and yes this weeks game was a disaster but only if you think that only the stars make a team and that without the stars a team cant win. I dont post here much because I usually dont engage with people who are all whinny the world is ending nothing is good type of people. People who are supporters dont bag their club if I wanted that I would join the crows not Port.
I wasn't excited by our brand of football in Saturday evening.

Also, with goal kicking leaders like Robbie, boak and Westhoff around. How can you expect the culture to be strong and confident in front of goal?

Remember how reliable Chad was as the start? Then what happened?

I wasn't excited by our brand of football in Saturday evening.
I agree Richmond played a pressure game and that stopped us from playing the brand that we saw against Melbourne. Saturdays game however was exciting and disappointing with result in the balance right up to the last minutes. We bombed the ball in long which I hate when we have elected to go small in the forward line. Richmond negated Paddy up forward pretty well by playing close and blocking his run once they accomplished that it was too easy to run the ball back out.

Nothing has changed? I guess we still have tarps over seats. I guess people are talking about taking our licence back because we are broke. The reality is we are playing a great exciting brand of football, lots of people go to the games, players want to come to the club oh and yes this weeks game was a disaster but only if you think that only the stars make a team and that without the stars a team cant win. I dont post here much because I usually dont engage with people who are all whinny the world is ending nothing is good type of people. People who are supporters dont bag their club if I wanted that I would join the crows not Port.
Bullshit. We do not play exciting football. Don't mistake a close game for exciting football. I hated the way we played. Ken does his best to filter out any flair or excitement ( bye bye Wingard). Butters, you've played with flair and excitement in your first few games. Ken's message "play with caution".

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree Richmond played a pressure game and that stopped us from playing the brand that we saw against Melbourne. Saturdays game however was exciting and disappointing with result in the balance right up to the last minutes. We bombed the ball in long which I hate when we have elected to go small in the forward line. Richmond negated Paddy up forward pretty well by playing close and blocking his run once they accomplished that it was too easy to run the ball back out.
Interesting. Paddy for whatever reason looked like he wasn't competing hard enough. As for the exciting brand against Melb sure Richmond may have come with more pressure than Melb but there was nowhere near the daré, wanting to keep the ball rolling that we saw earlier in the season. It looked like we were back to last year's plan.

Gee you like phrasing and paraphrasing Hinkley. You sound like a club employee. "The reality is we are playing a great exciting brand of football ..." are just so much Hinkley's words. We should sit tight in our seat and accept, that's the crows way, I guess you are suggesting it to be the Port way too.
Excuses.

Ahahahaha

I mean I agree with his general sentiment but Ricky Nixon is a joke of a human. His social media presence is embarrassing and he hangs out with 18 years olds at footy clubs. You're an old man with a bad perm, it's time to give it up.

Gee you like phrasing and paraphrasing Hinkley. You sound like a club employee. "The reality is we are playing a great exciting brand of football ..." are just so much Hinkley's words. We should sit tight in our seat and accept, that's the crows way, I guess you are suggesting it to be the Port way too.
Excuses.
Do I sound like an employee? The only employees Ive met are the bar staff at the club when I go there to play poker. I spoke to one about being a club supporter and she was pretty positive. Im pretty positive about the club so yes I do sound like the only staff member that I have spoken to about football. But thanks for the laugh it is funny to think that a club employee would have nothing better to do than bat back negativity on bigfooty.

Interesting. Paddy for whatever reason looked like he wasn't competing hard enough. As for the exciting brand against Melb sure Richmond may have come with more pressure than Melb but there was nowhere near the daré, wanting to keep the ball rolling that we saw earlier in the season. It looked like we were back to last year's plan.

It’s a blend of our structure has changed & being worked out by other coaches. Stinkley was never one to keep structures & having a plan b.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do I sound like an employee? The only employees Ive met are the bar staff at the club when I go there to play poker. I spoke to one about being a club supporter and she was pretty positive. Im pretty positive about the club so yes I do sound like the only staff member that I have spoken to about football. But thanks for the laugh it is funny to think that a club employee would have nothing better to do than bat back negativity on bigfooty.

lol 'Sound' like it and yes they have.

Just some random thoughts while I try to accept last weekends game:

Hinkley, K --- 2013-2019 141 games 56.03%

Imagine if he won the ones we were raging favourites for and cratered dismally.

If only Ross Lyon could ice the minor premiership and send over a team containing Clive Waterhouse, Paul Maher, Toby Stribling and Andrew Wills to pad the ledger every year.

Nothing has changed? I guess we still have tarps over seats. I guess people are talking about taking our licence back because we are broke.

Don’t get too excited.

The previous regime of Haysman and Duncanson set the Adelaide Oval ball rolling and cemented the Power/Magpies merger which did so much to reinvigorate the club’s fortunes and guarantee its future.

The current regime has rode those coattails into the wilderness after a promising start.

I haven't posted much in this thread yet. I'm pretty sure this time came for me when we got spanked by Essendon in 2017 at Etihad.

I'd had well documented issues with our gameplan and selection issues since the great Gray for Butcher folly of round 4 2014. The early frustrating losses to good sides that year, where we could easily account for bad sides but couldn't get over the line against anyone worth talking about were probably the writing on the wall. The Essendon result sealed it.

We hadn't learned a thing from the previous 2 years. It wasn't just Ryder being suspended holding us back in 2016. We were just an average football side who lost games because we were outcoached against any side that was in the same talent ballpark as us.

If you go back and look at a few of the threads from anywhere between mid 2014-2017, it's just the same arguments. Gold passes to average footballers, no value placed on structure, no leadership in close games, no ability to make in game tactical adjustments that make any difference.

The credits Ken had up his sleeve from 2014 had well and trult worn out by preseason 2017, and we were done when it became obvious we couldn't beat any good sides in 2017.

The only difference between the arguments then and now, is that now we're into the disastrous contract extension and every poor performance lays squarely on the shoulders of David Koch and Keith Thomas.
100% Correct. Ken's bag of spin is empty. Groundhog day....Everyday!
I haven't posted much in this thread yet. I'm pretty sure this time came for me when we got spanked by Essendon in 2017 at Etihad.

I'd had well documented issues with our gameplan and selection issues since the great Gray for Butcher folly of round 4 2014. The early frustrating losses to good sides that year, where we could easily account for bad sides but couldn't get over the line against anyone worth talking about were probably the writing on the wall. The Essendon result sealed it.

We hadn't learned a thing from the previous 2 years. It wasn't just Ryder being suspended holding us back in 2016. We were just an average football side who lost games because we were outcoached against any side that was in the same talent ballpark as us.

If you go back and look at a few of the threads from anywhere between mid 2014-2017, it's just the same arguments. Gold passes to average footballers, no value placed on structure, no leadership in close games, no ability to make in game tactical adjustments that make any difference.

The credits Ken had up his sleeve from 2014 had well and trult worn out by preseason 2017, and we were done when it became obvious we couldn't beat any good sides in 2017.

The only difference between the arguments then and now, is that now we're into the disastrous contract extension and every poor performance lays squarely on the shoulders of David Koch and Keith Thomas.

Lips so fat he said it twice.

. People who are supporters dont bag their club if I wanted that I would join the crows not Port.
This is so incorrect. Real port supporters demand excellence and always have. We exist to win premierships not make up the numbers. We dont reward incompetence with blind loyalty.

Crows fans are the ones that have in the past refused to critically analyse and allow negative external talk. They praise and celebrate mediocrity and have a state and media base that only enhances that.

If you want to be a blind sheep the PAFC is not the club for you.

Last edited:
This is so incorrect. Real port supporters demand excellence and always have. We exist to win premierships not make up the numbers. We dont reward incompetence with blind loyalty.

Crows fans are the ones that refuse to critically analyse and allow negative external talk. They praise and celebrate mediocrity and have a state and media base that only enhances that.

If you want to be a blind sheep the PAFC is not the club for you.
To be fair of crows fans..

Never heard them smash their own club as much as they have the last fortnight...this week is fever pitch. Unbelievable. When we are s**t you hear nothing in Adelaide. I guess that shows how long we've been disappointing people.

Like I said I enjoy what the PR marketing team churn out on a weekly basis especially after a embarrassing defeat like Saturday as it's normally quite amusing.

But wtf is this..not even I predicted that. Sell it to Richmonds marketing team FFS?!

Year is mostly cooked. Should be 4-0 the only side that would be. Instead we are sitting 2-2 making a trip to Perth to play WCE.
Before this season I thought we could be 0 : 4 , not 4 : 4 and most had us middling and all had us missing finals. So where do you get this 4:4 from?
We lost Wingard and Polly and it will take a while for our new recruits to gain consistency or for us to trade in some more players to replace them. I thought this would be somewhat of a down year.
Not to say I’m not filthy, because I am, but no one would have had us at 4:4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back