Roast The Point of No Return

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Before this season I thought we could be 0 : 4 , not 4 : 4 and most had us middling and all had us missing finals. So where do you get this 4:4 from?
We lost Wingard and Polly and it will take a while for our new recruits to gain consistency or for us to trade in some more players to replace them. I thought this would be somewhat of a down year.
Not to say I’m not filthy, because I am, but no one would have had us at 4:4

Lost to Bris because of an inability to kick simple shots and again lost a close game. In front late and gave the game up from a winning position.

Came up against a Richmond side missing so many key players, didn’t capitalise and again lost a close game (that should’ve been close)

I don’t care where we were pre season or what people predicted. Fact is as explained above both of those games we should have won.

Hence that is why I said 4-0. Come the end of the year those losses may very well be the difference between playing finals and not.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
Before this season I thought we could be 0 : 4 , not 4 : 4 and most had us middling and all had us missing finals. So where do you get this 4:4 from?
We lost Wingard and Polly and it will take a while for our new recruits to gain consistency or for us to trade in some more players to replace them. I thought this would be somewhat of a down year.
I thought we'd be 2-2.

But I didn't expect we'd be playing a Richmond minus Cotchin, Riewoldt, Rance and Martin.

I also didn't expect Melbourne would be as incredibly under prepared as they were.

So we got a bonus win, capitalizing on the Dees. We scraped over the line against a terrible Carlton side. We then blew 3 qtrs of complete dominance against Brisbane not getting the win, and then our gameplan was completely dismantled by a shell of a Richmond side.

We may have expected 2-2, but we undoubtedly should be 4-0 with how the season has panned out.

We now play the 2 grand finalists in the next 3 week's, both games away from home, and it's going to be incredibly ugly.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks

Do you mean 4-0?

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I have decided that I won't be cashing in the one game a year I'm entitled to as an interstate supporter. I'm sure I can find something more enjoyable to do with my Friday night.
You coward!

If I can go to the Gabba along with three Lions supporting friends who poured crap on me all night, and watch our team lose a win-able game, then you can damn well go watch them lose a lose-able one!

You coward!

If I can go to the Gabba along with three Lions supporting friends who poured crap on me all night, and watch our team lose a win-able game, then you can damn well go watch them lose a lose-able one!
That’s what I call fight.

Why sren’t Our senior players getting the heat? Ken can take some responsibility but why do Westy Jonas Wines Ebert Gray etc get away with being flakey and pathetic?

Ken keeps backing, picking, promoting and rewarding them.

It’s only been John Butcher and Chad Wingard who have ever copped it in the neck because reasons.

Like I said I enjoy what the PR marketing team churn out on a weekly basis especially after a embarrassing defeat like Saturday as it's normally quite amusing.

But wtf is this..not even I predicted that. Sell it to Richmonds marketing team FFS?!

Yeah I don't understand the point of that video.

Why aren’t Our senior players getting the heat?
Ken can take some responsibility but why do Westy Jonas Wines Ebert Gray etc get away with being flakey and pathetic?

They have been the common denominator since ummm 2008

PowerBaz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
They have been the common denominator since ummm 2008

You feel like a broom is coming through the next 18 months, we will have a new coach and a vastly different team then.

Gray sadly looks like an old man. Perhaps his personal issues haven't helped him recently, just looks like his body is shot, his career is coming to a close quicker than expected.

The other two mentioned re just average Joe's nowadays.

KenOath

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The point of no return...

R13 2016, a 6-6 Port Adelaide visits the 2-10 dockers with the season well and truly on the line. Justin Westhoff literally doesnt touch it (or maybe he touched it once or twice to be fair) in the first half of another thoroughly disappointing loss that killed our season.

Justin Westhoff played the next week! That is when it was obvious Hinkley truly wasn't prepared to hold senior players to account and was done as a coach!

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Like I said I enjoy what the PR marketing team churn out on a weekly basis especially after a embarrassing defeat like Saturday as it's normally quite amusing.

But wtf is this..not even I predicted that. Sell it to Richmonds marketing team FFS?!

Probably tells you a little bit about how the club approached the game. Despite all the talk during the week about paying Richmond the respect they deserve, clearly the club had ticked this one off as a certainty and thought they’d make a little video to go along with the win.

Probably tells you a little bit about how the club approached the game. Despite all the talk during the week about paying Richmond the respect they deserve, clearly the club had ticked this one off as a certainty and thought they’d make a little video to go along with the win.
They did it last week too.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So its come to that point where both our clubs are that stuffed theres no point trolling eachother anymore. I feel your pain guys.
Yep. Deflated. At least your club is under the media heat while apparently our achievements so far are acceptable.
You will come out firing for Eddie’s 300th and the next few, we will likely continue our mediocre run.

agmsy

All Australian
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We rightly sneered (how could you not!?) at the club brass' offseason gum-flapping about being "brave", but some here are living up to that facile, club-sanctioned brand of bravery by dogpiling on 18-year-old-four-gamer Xavier Duursma.

The Alberton machine is not fit for purpose. Maybe that means they can't spot talent and the kid will prove no good, but it equally means that our system is far too flawed and dysfunctional for almost any kid to prove as good as he may be.

Even if Duursma were as bad as some (too many) here insist, he'd be but one small, fresh sore on the body of a host that long ago went blind and half-mad with acute measles encephalitis.

Ultimately, it's this sort of petty, scattergun distraction that delays and prevents a groundswell of member-driven discontent from driving change where it matters. The rot starts at the top (top top), and we need to change the top if we want to stop it.

Back