The Poker Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Poker Heros filmed a bio for one of the contestants on the show, at one of my venues the other night ..knowing their penchant for showing more of the player bios than actual hands i expect to see my ugly head on there a little too much in a couple of weeks . :eek:

I reckon most weeks they get through about 10-12 hands, some of which are nothing hands like player A takes down the blinds as an intro to his bio cos he didn't win any other hands all night.

I reckon most weeks they get through about 10-12 hands, some of which are nothing hands like player A takes down the blinds as an intro to his bio cos he didn't win any other hands all night.

Yeah..it's ridiculous ..you see a player win a big pot and become chip leader ..then they come back from an ad break and the same player is the short stack and all in .

Within a week of Amanda becoming Joe Hachem's Poker Star, she is now the winner of the Joe Hachem Deep Stack Series Main Event, collecting a cool 80k, an amount that would have precluded her from being eligible to participate in the show.

Joe Hachem was at Crown to kick off proceedings and watch the heads-up. He must feel vindicated that his selection just took down a big tournament, and her apprenticeship hasn't even started yet.

Sorry for the bump, I've been catching up on a lot of TV poker recently. :eek:

Amanda 1st AND Chris in 7th?

I wouldn't have picked that!

Quite a remarkable result for the TV show when you think about it.

Yes, a ridiculous outcome just 5 days after the final aired on tv. They were also seated next to each other at the final table with Chris having position on Amanda. I can imagine Joe Hachem was absolutely thrilled and he and the tv execs wouldn't have needed any more convincing to run a second series.

You win some little tv show, and some random donkament ...

pnw5jjf1020ofclr.jpg

What events is she supposed to being playing in? Has she played in any since the Deep Stack Series?

I don't think I saw her name on the PCA player list..

lol, PCA.

Amanda will be playing the AM Opening Event and Main Event. She's considering the $1650 Feature Event but will probably skip the Teams Event, where she placed 2nd at the 2009 AM.

you might be on to something there.

Amanda played Day 1b at the Adelaide ANZPT and survived with almost 40k in chips (starting with 20k). Day 2 is today.

I think Stars might be buying her into a few more events but she probably has to pay for flights and accomm, that's my guess. Amanda will probably play ANZPT Sydney before heading off for Monte Carlo.

Rumour that there is a good chance Season 2 will be running this year. Mate was sitting next to "someone" most of last night at the JHDSS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back