The Poker Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Crown getting into the promotion:

thepokerstar.jpg

I think "hosted by Joe Hachem" is pushing it a bit. Maybe "with occasional appearances by Joe Hachem" would be more accurate.

and "with occasional appearances by his weird sidekick Lee Nelson who insists on wearing sunglasses wherever he goes".

Well now that we're name dropping :p my mates, mate is Josh (great connection I know). Haven't watched this show since the first episode though.

It's different - I don't get One and have only just caught up on the show by watching the episodes online at the website. It'd be great to see more poker but like people said they are trying to appeal to a wider audience.

I think there'll be a few good pointers to come out it + I've always enjoyed reality tv, well some of it, so will keep watching. I think Donna, Chris and Josh will be the final 3.

Why oh why can't we have a decent Australian poker show? The Poker Ashes were awful, and Australian Poker Hero is utterly, utterly abysmal (half the show taken up with boring bios, no context on the poker hands, tiny cards on screen and the world's worst interviewer - seriously my 6 year old could do a better job). Poker Star is still bad, but perhaps not quite as bad as the above.

Oh please god no. There's one quote on that show that sticks in my head always, some guy from home and away was on it and in his interview he was going on about it being "90% luck and 10% skill" and just the way he said tilted the s**t out of me.

90/10 is probably about right if you're talking about a single sit 'n go. Long term, luck turns into noise and it's all about the skill. If you're some celeb who plays poker twice a year, 90% luck is probably about right.

90/10 is probably about right if you're talking about a single sit 'n go. Long term, luck turns into noise and it's all about the skill. If you're some celeb who plays poker twice a year, 90% luck is probably about right.

Yeah but I think from what I remember he wasn't talking about a single SNG, somehow I dont think this guy would of been able to separate short term and long term as two different things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just how does Australian Poker Hero manage to take a whole hour to play about ten hands? It's just laughable when you get to the THIRD HAND, and Vos is already saying "gee, he really hasn't had any cards at all today, he's really short stacked and should just be getting it all in here". FWIW, it looks like there might have been some decent play in this weeks ep, it's just a shame that it's almost impossible to tell!

Old dude Ron from The Poker Star passed away during the week after his second battle with cancer.

That's very sad. Good that he was able to have some fun on the way (even if he was totally robbed on his elim).
Indeed very sad. Perhaps the reason for his elimination was to get cancer treatment, as he certainly wasn't the worst player remaining.

Yeah this was the best episode to date. I'd still like to see some post flop action, but what are you gonna do. I particularly liked Joe putting Shane in his place, although it's not like Joe is the be all and end all of poker, as he is making himself out to be.

Chris definitely has a clue, and IMO should win. Anyone know if he has a track record?
The only one I know of is that Josh has made about $30k grinding online, he posted on 2+2 before he went on the show.

Chris won into the show by winning the tourney, so clearly he can play a bit, but not sure about other success. It was obvious from the start that he and Josh were the best players by quite some margin.

Yeah this was the best episode to date. I'd still like to see some post flop action, but what are you gonna do. I particularly liked Joe putting Shane in his place, although it's not like Joe is the be all and end all of poker, as he is making himself out to be.

Yeah but remember how the FBI guy also gave Shane a caning in ep2. Shane can't take advice and thinks he already knows it all.

Josh is looking the goods. Ben and Amanda have fallen off. And Chris is the wildcard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back