Rumour The Polec Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you blokes rate any players at all from the Crows? Vince (who incidentally is a showdown medallist) a former best and fairest is no good right?

Do you have any objectivity?

Vince is a coasting showboat who has talent, but zero application. Like with a stack of high-profile guys on your list the idea of him outweighs the actual output.

You'd do well to be rid of him and give his cap pressure to Sloane and Talia.

Aug 12, 2004
Not in Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC, Arsenal
There could be another player involved, as steak knives. The thing is imo, if Polec wants to play for the Crows, fair enough. Do we really want a player that does not care where he plays, i want players that come to our club, to want to play for Port.

I agree. I wish both clubs would tell him to go play in the traffic.

Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Do you blokes rate any players at all from the Crows? Vince (who incidentally is a showdown medallist) a former best and fairest is no good right?

I don't think it's that we do not rate Vince, it's more that he is 28 years old and his best footy has past him imo.

Sloane

What value do you honestly think Melbourne will place on him? Melbourne need young players and they need to draft well - burning pick 20 on a 28 year old player who had a good year 4 years ago but has been inconsistent since is shockingly bad list management. But then again we're talking about Melbourne and Roos is probably more interested in counting his pile of cash.

With free agency here players over 26 have lost a lot of currency. We scored Monfries for a 3rd round selection FFS. Clubs simply don't trade high picks unless it's for a young talented player or an established KPP. Vince is neither. At best Melbourne will part with their Sylvia compo for Vince which should be at the end of round 2 (~pick 35)

Lets trade players for pick 20 based on what they did 5 years ago. Regardless of age

Aug 12, 2004
Not in Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC, Arsenal
What value do you honestly think Melbourne will place on him? Melbourne need young players and they need to draft well - burning pick 20 on a 28 year old player who had a good year 4 years ago but has been inconsistent since is shockingly bad list management. But then again we're talking about Melbourne and Roos is probably more interested in counting his pile of cash.

With free agency here players over 26 have lost a lot of currency. We scored Monfries for a 3rd round selection FFS. Clubs simply don't trade high picks unless it's for a young talented player or an established KPP. Vince is neither. At best Melbourne will part with their Sylvia compo for Vince which should be at the end of round 2 (~pick 35)

What do you think Dal Santo is worth?

This is what I don't get. Polec owes Brisbane nothing, because he's basically given them the finger by saying he wants out. Then he doesn't care which club he goes to...then he's going to nominate one. Why not nominate one at the start and stop wasting everyone's time? If Polec wants the Crows, and had said as much, then we wouldn't even waste our breath on him - he's not Chris Judd. I'm starting to get malevolent about him, in all honesty. Justin Reid is a s**t manager.

I also liked the fact that his manager was rubbishing the draft by saying that a 28 year old inconsistent player like Vince was worth a first round pick in it. For mine, it sounded like he was trying to justify Port giving up their first round pick for Polec. Which isn't going to happen. And if Melbourne is so stupid to offer that up for him, they'll fold within 5 years.

What do you think Dal Santo is worth?

You're not likening Vince to him are you? Penis size aside, Dal Santo has been a genuine jet for a decade.

Vince had one excellent year, believed his own press and coasted ever since.

Aug 12, 2004
Not in Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC, Arsenal
You're not likening Vince to him are you? Penis size aside, Dal Santo has been a genuine jet for a decade.

Vince had one excellent year, believed his own press and coasted ever since.

Lets trade players for pick 20 based on what they did 5 years ago. Regardless of age

No Im not saying that Vince has been anywhere near as good for the past decade. I reckon the expected output from here on given their respective ages could be fairly similar though.

wilbur_15

All Australian
Nov 22, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Why is everyone here so impatient with the trade period? Get over the fact that it goes for a few weeks.

And why are you all insisting Polec declare a club? Why would/should he? Like I said in page 3 of this thread or something, if he isn't a d**k, he'll do the right thing by Brisbane and go to whichever club can give them the best deal. Nominating one club of the two just puts Brisbane in an even worse bargaining position.

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer Player Sponsor 2015 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

That is a fair question, however I am not sure these threads are the right threads for this type of discussion, or at least not for a balanced discussion as there is a bit of banter involved.
FWIW he is a decent enough player but IMO not a first rounder when it comes to trading.

I think the biggest difference between the 2 Polec threads has more to do with what picks are expected to be received by trading which player.
IMO neither Port nor the Crows have too many players they can trade for first rounders and all of them would be not negotiable.

In your opinion is Ebert a first rounder trade wise? Personally I am not so sure, same goes for Broadbent, Stewart and many more. The AFC players mentioned so far are not better than these three yet somehow even pick 2 has been mentioned.

*PAF

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Nathan Krakouer Player Sponsor 2015 Port Adelaide - Brendon AhChee Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Jarrad Redden Player Sponsor 2014 Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 17, 2005
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He has universal appeal.
Whilst I really really rate Sloane if I had to pick a Crow player to move over (other than Tex) I'd go for Talia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back