Rumour The Polec Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is everyone here so impatient with the trade period? Get over the fact that it goes for a few weeks.

And why are you all insisting Polec declare a club? Why would/should he? Like I said in page 3 of this thread or something, if he isn't a d**k, he'll do the right thing by Brisbane and go to whichever club can give them the best deal. Nominating one club of the two just puts Brisbane in an even worse bargaining position.
His manager said on 5aa if nothing is done by mid next week he will ask Polec to nominate a club.

Why is everyone here so impatient with the trade period? Get over the fact that it goes for a few weeks.

And why are you all insisting Polec declare a club? Why would/should he? Like I said in page 3 of this thread or something, if he isn't a d**k, he'll do the right thing by Brisbane and go to whichever club can give them the best deal. Nominating one club of the two just puts Brisbane in an even worse bargaining position.

I don't really get this sentiment. Surely he would not want to weaken the club he is going to by insisting on the best deal fro the club he is walking out on. Personally it makes a lot more sense to get the best deal for your new club than your old one.

They are up & about on the Crows board Pick 20 for Vince, Polec in the bag & the Pod on a 1 year deal before moving into a fitness role with Poulos oh s**t LOL
Pod to the Crows would be a good move and he worked in Geelong's fitness department before getting drafted.

Wait until Tex here's about this
I'd imagine it would go something like this

Bernie: I'm leaving for Melbourne
Tex:.....errrrrr.....when ya comin back?
Bernie: never
Tex:........errrr
Bernie: I'm sorry Tex
Tex:....errrrr
Bernie: Tex?
Tex:.....errrrrrr
Bernie: TEX!!
Tex: errr...sorry I saw something shiny outside

What do you think Dal Santo is worth?

North can get him for nix through free agency and wouldn't bother trading for him if they had to give up picks IMO. If they did trade, I doubt they would offer anything higher than a 4th round selection for a 30 year old mid, maybe a 3rd round if he was the missing piece in a premiership puzzle, but that would have to be a big if. Teams are topping up with Free Agency now. Last year, Hawthorn traded in Lake, a solid 30 year old KPD for their 1st rounder and round 2 upgrade - the difference...Lake is a reliable KPP and filled a massive hole in their team.

I don't really get this sentiment. Surely he would not want to weaken the club he is going to by insisting on the best deal fro the club he is walking out on. Personally it makes a lot more sense to get the best deal for your new club than your old one.
Agreed. All he is doing is making his club he goes to, give up more.

Hes bloody close.
Yeah agree, close. Not 100% but close. It would all depend on how badly a team wants him.
IMO closer than Vince for a number of reasons including age and I think that was the point of many more than rubbishing him as a person or player.
Pick 20 is/will be a first rounder this year once the compensation picks are dished out and whoever it was from your club said Vince was worth more than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah agree, close. Not 100% but close. It would all depend on how badly a team wants him.
IMO closer than Vince for a number of reasons including age and I think that was the point of many more than rubbishing him as a person or player.
Pick 20 is/will be a first rounder this year once the compensation picks are dished out and whoever it was from your club said Vince was worth more than that.

It comes down to the value to the team. Pick 20 to me is in the highly speculative range in this draft. Its a 50/50 deal for me. Not sure if I love it or hate it.

I get the feeling he has agreed to a deal with the Crows given the lengths they appear to be going to to get the trade done.

Could be possible.

I think the Crows would have done well if they get Vince out for pick 20. I'd pay nothing more than an end of second round at best, based on age and career output.

I'd imagine it would go something like this

Bernie: I'm leaving for Melbourne
Tex:.....errrrrr.....when ya comin back?
Bernie: never
Tex:........errrr
Bernie: I'm sorry Tex
Tex:....errrrr
Bernie: Tex?
Tex:.....errrrrrr
Bernie: TEX!!
Tex: errr...sorry I saw something shiny outside

That dogs got a puffy tail...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad