Rumour The Polec Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they get pick 2 for that, it means Melbourne are sillys and we get polec. I'm happy with both.

As a side note, people seem to be forgetting just how good P. Stew was before he copped injuries. He was extremely effective at shutting down rebounding defenders and making them pay with quite a few goals.

If they get pick 2 for that, it means Melbourne are sillys and we get polec. I'm happy with both.

Hmm... Reckon Polec will be a Polec-->Lyon's swap if we are to get him, so it isn't over yet... Especially as Lyons isn't involved in going to Melbourne.

And the Cows get to be heroes by saying "We kept Aish in SA!" instead.

Kinda works, I guess.

But seriously, has the "three middling players for a top draft pick" trade ever actually happened?

But seriously, has the "three middling players for a top draft pick" trade ever actually happened?

If ever there is a time, it's right now with Melbourne needing to get up the ladder ASAP.

Crazy deal though.

Sep 24, 2008
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
La lakers. Oakland Raiders, bunny’s
Just to validate what i said....

I don't believe it personally, however if Ralph who wants to be considered as a respectable journo believes that this is a possibility (his source seems dodgy however) then they are in a lot worse position then first thought (i.e that death knell might be coming a lot sooner then the end of Roos contract)

What the fk? This would be the worst deal ever, and if the crows start doing three for one picks then how will they fill their list .

With delisted flogs?

QPower

Premiership Player
Jan 1, 2006
The Chestnut Tree Cafe
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port
Pick 20 for a 28 year old Vince who was dropped at times during 2013?

shocked-face.png

davesnothere

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Will they go though? That said, they'd attract overs from Melbourne now because it has to happen.

Simply put, there isn't any more development years left for them. If Roos goes with Melbourne on the bottom, it'll be the death knell for Melbourne as a football club.

There is no up side for Burnie Melbourne could pick up delisted free agents who could offer as much should they choose that path ...Chapman would have been gold at Melbourne and a few others if you look though the DFA list. Roos would have an interest in Burnie for sure but not with midfield picks that that have a massive upside available if the Crows traded out a pick like that you would be out there with pitchforks

What the fk? This would be the worst deal ever, and if the crows start doing three for one picks then how will they fill their list .

With delisted flogs?

At the moment, we could afford it, not every deal is a 3/1 however for Pick 2, i'd pull the trigger on that, we will still actually have to delist 1 player if it was to happen so we could use that pick (Hartigan and Laird will be upgraded rookies...both are certs)

Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Will they go though? That said, they'd attract overs from Melbourne now because it has to happen.

Simply put, there isn't any more development years left for them. If Roos goes with Melbourne on the bottom, it'll be the death knell for Melbourne as a football club.
Melbourne will agree to the deal imo, as long as Vince brings a steak knife or two with him.

Just to validate what i said....

I don't believe it personally, however if Ralph who wants to be considered as a respectable journo believes that this is a possibility (his source seems dodgy however)

Really?

Tweet 1: mckernan and henderson to collingwood for pick 11

Next tweet: bombers are so arrogant and self indulgent - crameri equal to 3rd round pick

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Henderson, Vince and McKernan for pick 2 ?

Lets package Hitchcock, Stewart and Renouf for #1.. o_O

Hahaha. Seriously though if Melbourne (Roos) was considering that pick #13, Stewart and Cassisi would be the offer to make that trumps it. Cassisi has a heart unlike Vince, Stewart is not too bad now he's over injuries and they'd still have a first round pick. Though if they are really considering that I'd rather trade them pick #2 for these 3 magic beans I've got.

Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
McKernan will get you a 3rd or 4th rounder, same with Lyons, Vince is contracted and has some degenerative knee condition. Henderson is just an ok 3rd tall.

The Crows are not getting pick 2 or Polec with any combination of these players. No point talking about it.
They would be stupid to include Lyons in that deal. He is one player on their list that has good disposal under pressure, knows how to find the leather and space.

Sorry but this thread has turned to crap and I'm closing it.

I'm going to start a new Polec thread and let's keep it about Polec. Anything off topic will be deleted.

If you want to discuss what the crows are giving up for pick 2 or whether they are going to pick up JPod do it in the General AFL talk thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back