The Law The Police

Remove this Banner Ad

So I'm heading into the city, goon in water bottle, sitting on the train, minding my own business. I look up and see three police officers walking through the carriages behind me.

Alright then, in case they ask any questions about my drink, I'll just hop off at whatever station I'm at and jump on the next train. Turns out I'm at South Yarra, and there are police officers crawling all over the platforms, too.

What gets me is why they honed in on South Yarra. I'd have thought that would be the least likely station for crime to take place. Noble Park has issues almost every night and they decide to send a dozen (or more?) officers to blitz South Yarra? I must be missing something...

Yep it's the closes station for many to the chapel street precinct.

In the summer it gets a bit rowdy and sometimes over weekends it is far from the best behaved station on the lines with young people who cant handle there drink heading into the clubs and causing trouble.

Not bonuses but they do have quotas to fill.
That little piece of information came out here in W.A. when police were disciplined for falsifying records,to meet minimum targets on speeding fines and breath tests.

fair enough but he did mention that they got christmas bonus. Well who sets these quota's then?? obviously not the police officer. Must come from the government or the commisioner??? I think its unfair on the officer individual to be pressured into booking as many people on minor offences over christmas.

Yeh, all those s**t heaps sitting out in communites pass roadworthies, I`m sure of it. The NT is so big and empty, and the people are so laid back, there`s no way to enforce that.

Earlier this year a bloke I work with, he's about 23 I think, starts his shift, it was about 0430 and he tells me he's just been booked for driving with his fog lights on. It's the middle of winter had been raining he's the only car on Guildford Road cops turn around and light up and nail him.
I asked him was he speeding he said he had been. So the answer is the cops didn't get his speed on the radar so they got him with another infringement.

My guess is Kram81 they must have seen something else either that day or some other time and that cop was going to do over with anything he could find at his first opportunity.

Something I've learned over the years whenever cops are involved. Practice the yes sir no sir routine without making it obvious. Don't be sarcastic or smart arse. Dont get wound up. In WA our cops don't have random drug testing so you never know if you've got a loose cannon in a cop uniform.
They carry guns and all sought of other nasty s**t and some no doubt cant wait to stir some citizen into boiling point.

Very unlikely I admit but it never hurts to be too careful around people who carry guns.

It's really turned into a pain now as my local mechanic and the only one in town that does the testing has sadly passed away from cancer last month, the only other places that do it are both 60 kms away and I can only drive it to the 27th.. I've sorted the windscreen but I also need a replacement muffler and it's going to be a tight squeeze to get it done by then this time of year. Usually it would be sweet as I could simply drop it down to him, do whatever needs to be done for however long it takes and I could get it back after he's fixed/checked/passed everything.

Yeh, all those s**t heaps sitting out in communites pass roadworthies, I`m sure of it. The NT is so big and empty, and the people are so laid back, there`s no way to enforce that.

I was only stating what the law is up here, I never mentioned anything about every car is road worthy, but you do have to pass a road worthy when renewing your annual registration.

I know this is prescient of me.
But this is why we need police - more of them, and more security - violence is never the answer. I had this link sent to me by my partner who now never wants to go to the footy again.

Not good, not good at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't sure where to leave this, but I think this new prison in El Salvador where inmates are treated like animals is the result of a sadistic leader and a police state gone mad.

Wasn't sure where to leave this, but I think this new prison in El Salvador where inmates are treated like animals is the result of a sadistic leader and a police state gone mad.

Prison Guards, not Police.
That said I don't trust either as afr as I could chuck em.
"Joiner's" by nature, love to suck authority off, and nearly always bullies.

Sounds like he solved a very big problem on El Salvador

Remove this Banner Ad

Back