Politics & Government The Politics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought that would happen. Most of the backlash was against Newman, and now that he's gone, it's much easier to gain popularity in opposition than in power.

In saying that, Palaszczuk was robotic as * during the cyclone coverage. While it was great that she was on TV updating people every few hours, her speeches were uninspiring and Abbott-esque. She tried too hard to emulate Anna Bligh's 2011 flood speech (which was ******* great, btw - she handled the flood crisis perfectly). She used more hand motions that the bloody sign language dude.

I guess we'll see how she fairs when parliament resumes. The best thing she could do for QLD is negotiate bipartisan support for reinstating an upper house in QLD parliament - fingers crossed.

I laughed at this part:

Mr Williams said he also believed voters may be concerned with the Palaszczuk Government’s reduced 14-minister Cabinet.

“They can’t see how it will work,” he said.

Yeah, everyone I speak to that doesn't trust Labor mentions the reduced 14-minister Cabinet. That's what everyone in Queensland is really, truly concerned about - it's the issue on everyone's mind. :rolleyes:

Labor has abolished the wait time guarantee and labeled it a gimmick. Good or bad Experimental?
Good.

Waste of money and basically was a gimmick. Someone needing a knee reconstruction for an ACL tear can still wait 6 months before going on the waitlist for the waitlist.

As much as I'd love a wait time guarantee, it's not possible - and giving hope to people when it's just political manipulation is sad.

And so it begins.

******* lying campaigners. QLD ALP has approved the expansion of the Abbot Point coal mine after having campaigned for saving the Great Barrier Reef.

10407850_752117474872277_1053648734545314385_n.jpg

I didn't vote for them, but I'm sure as * pissed off. Inept losers after only a few weeks in power. What a joke.

And so it begins.

******* lying campaigners. QLD ALP has approved the expansion of the Abbot Point coal mine after having campaigned for saving the Great Barrier Reef.

I didn't vote for them, but I'm sure as **** pissed off. Inept losers after only a few weeks in power. What a joke.
Why are these politicians obsessed with ruining the one natural wonder Queensland has? Surely the Great Barrier Reef is more important than any sum of money.

And so it begins.

I didn't vote for them, but I'm sure as **** pissed off. Inept losers after only a few weeks in power. What a joke.

They are also back peddling on selling assets and the health system waiting list has moved from a 100% guarantee down to 98%

Get ready for a deficit blowout next. Still can't believe people voted for this mob after all the lies, mistakes and incompetence of the Bligh and Beattie governments

They are also back peddling on selling assets and the health system waiting list has moved from a 100% guarantee down to 98%

Get ready for a deficit blowout next. Still can't believe people voted for this mob after all the lies, mistakes and incompetence of the Bligh and Beattie governments
It was never a guarantee. It was just propaganda.

I had a laugh at them saying they're only selling 'nonessential' assets. AN ASSET IS AN ASSET FFS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She's doing the right thing though, not only cutting him loose from Labor but putting pressure on him to quit and force a by-election. Julia protecting Thomson and Slipper to protect herself compromised her integrity so Palaszczuk is learning from her mistake.

She's doing the right thing though, not only cutting him loose from Labor but putting pressure on him to quit and force a by-election. Julia protecting Thomson and Slipper to protect herself compromised her integrity so Palaszczuk is learning from her mistake.

Talking the talk but not walking the walk, here we are a month later and no by-election and she is accepting his vote in parliament

Talking the talk but not walking the walk, here we are a month later and no by-election and she is accepting his vote in parliament
She has no power to make him quit, or any power to refuse a vote. It can't be done.

Hey exile, you live in the northern parts of the GC. What is your opinion on this Stuart Robert (Fadden MP) situation with his trip to China being uncovered this week? Are we going to see a by-election for the Fadden seat in the near future?

Turnbull is yet to make a decision on his fate but he was getting grilled in Question Time today so I don't think it's too far off.

Hey exile, you live in the northern parts of the GC. What is your opinion on this Stuart Robert (Fadden MP) situation with his trip to China being uncovered this week? Are we going to see a by-election for the Fadden seat in the near future?

Turnbull is yet to make a decision on his fate but he was getting grilled in Question Time today so I don't think it's too far off.
i don't think the whole thing will reach the nationwide type reaction like what happened with bronwyn bishop. however, i think there could be a chance more info is uncovered and he might just end up resigning haha.

kinda feels like he's been around forever, so it'd be interesting to see how a by-election would go.

i don't think the whole thing will reach the nationwide type reaction like what happened with bronwyn bishop. however, i think there could be a chance more info is uncovered and he might just end up resigning haha.

kinda feels like he's been around forever, so it'd be interesting to see how a by-election would go.
The Fadden seat has been a stronghold for the Libs over the years. In fact, since it was created in 1977, ALP has only held the seat for a period of one year. I've had a little look into candidates and I managed to find the ALP (Meaghan Scanlon) and Greens (Daniel Kwon) candidates:

12310689_203967266607573_2291825324647008246_n.png

It was pretty difficult to find anything on these candidates and I haven't been able to find anything from the other parties. No idea what their background is but on Meaghan Scanlon's ALP Facebook page you'll find a pro same-sex marriage post at the top of her timeline. I'm not sure that's going to hold her in good stead for a seat that has historically been very conservative.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back