The Precinct at Alberton (Formerly The Port Club)

Remove this Banner Ad

Had lunch there for the first time in too long the Saturday arvo before the Roos game, had a couple of Heinekens, made sure to feed a bit of gold through the pokies and bought some merch across the way before leaving.

Friendly staff, great food which was ridiculously cheap with or without the members' discount, nice mix of modern and traditional surroundings - we passed the 2004 Premiership cup and other SANFL-era memorabilia before eating directly beneath the Hall of Fame plaque of Geof Motley with plasmas showing the Bris vs. Rich and SANFL match in view, and just had a good afternoon overall.

If you haven't been in awhile, make sure to get down there at least once or twice this year because if every single one of our 32770 members spends just $20 per head on a meal/drinks in 2009 that's a fair bit of coin for our well documented bottom line. :thumbsu:

What is the food actually like?

Counter meal type stuff (parmis, steaks, schnittys) as well as really good bistro-style stuff (personally had a tandoori lamb wrap which was like an upmarket yiros).

Can't remember the rest of the options exactly, but I remember struggling to choose on the day.

With all the well documented financial problems in the off season. I made a commitment to visit the club for a meal more often, have probably been 8 - 10 times this year, and it's a good meal at a reasonable price.

I urge all supporters to head there for a meal at least once, can't hurt the clubs bottom line.

I can recommend the schnitzels :thumbsu: .. haven't been in for a meal for a few weeks due to other commitments, but more than likely we will be heading in to watch the Swans game & have a meal at the club. There's only one thing that can beat having a meal at the club while watching a port game on tv & that's actually being at the game in the flesh.

Went down after the Game on Sunday it was really nice, they had the replay on TV watched the Monolith save the game for us again and then almost as if they read my mind flicked to the fox replay of Collingwood and Carlton.

Schnitz was great and had a couple of super drys top night i thought and didnt cost as much as even the Lakes or any other competing local establishment.

A few of my mates and I realised we really need to get down there and watch some away games there instead of at home..

*bump*

The customary post-match pint'n'meal was especially good this time around.

If you haven't been in a while or are still yet to make your debut, get down there and have a bite - and you might be lucky enough to hear the song pumped out over the sound system a... couple... of times. :D

Ashamed to say i havn't eaten there yet. Will do next time i'm in town, with a couple of nice bevvies ( coming down for a couple of games ).

Thanks for the heads up :thumbsu:

When I was on the combined footy trip in 2008 (Power miners cup or something), we had dinner in the flash room looking over the Magpies train. The desert they served up was the best thing I have ate ever.

When I was on the combined footy trip in 2008 (Power miners cup or something), we had dinner in the flash room looking over the Magpies train. The desert they served up was the best thing I have ate ever.

Port Junior Presentations were done up there, some of the best nights of my life, reading the Plaques and Viewing the photo's around the place up there, not for the nights but to think who had "made" the club and how proud I was to wear the jumper!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The food is very good and crazy cheap, and I usually eat there a couple of times a year. But it is still a footy club, and comparable to many good pubs around. If you are a Port fan and enjoy the atmosphere, which I do, it is worth the effort to pop down there. But unless she's a Port fan you wouldn't take your girlfriend there to propose. Then again if she's not a Port fan why would you propose anyway?

Went there last night,

Good cheap meals, good cheap beers.

Had to laugh though, as I used the ATM I realized its an 'EasyCard' ATM and not one of 'our own.'

How horribly marketed is that?

Went there last night,

Good cheap meals, good cheap beers.

Had to laugh though, as I used the ATM I realized its an 'EasyCard' ATM and not one of 'our own.'

How horribly marketed is that?

Just so everyone knows - there are 2 Aussie Atms in Marion Shopping Centre. One is in front of Target on the 2nd floor and the other is on the 1st floor near the carpark and Mutual Community ;)

These are the only ones I've seen around.

I had my wedding reception at The Port Club (up stairs) back in 2006. The venue was fantastic and we even got our names on the score board.

The food was amazing and all the staff were very friendly. We still get friends and family comment on how wonderful the night was. Highly recommended venue.

had a meal with my dad for my 18th there a few months ago, great meals but spewing that they didn't sell any crownies because of the arrangements/contracts they have down there.

Got up the club yesterday, had a great meal ( the rib eye is fantastic ) and then watched the maggies spank sturt.
After getting to the footy on saturday ( and the cows getting thumped by 9thmond ) I cannot remember a better weekend for some time :)

On topic, everyone should try the club for a meal at least...

Definitely heading down to watch the game against Melbourne.

Can anyone suggest good accommodation within walking distance to the Port Club ?

Plan is either a meal Saturday night, and off to the footy Sunday.

Or a meal after the game Sunday night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back