The Precinct at Alberton (Formerly The Port Club)

Remove this Banner Ad

Weve been struggling as a club financially for a long long time. So lets not pick on the food our club serves up. Are you supporters of Port Adelaide or just whinging bitches? We are still struggling. Dont rest on your laures. Help make this great club greater than it is. The world doesnt stop. Nor should my club. Stop whinging be pro active.

The world doesn't stop for Port Adelaide. And nor should we. Lets make our great club better. Theres only us that can do that. Im sick of whinging. Whining. Action. I want action. Go and have a beer at your club room. One. It won't hurt. Havd a feed with your family. What can happen? You wont starve believe me. Greg Phillips will pour your beer. Join up as a member. Three games. Smash the cows. Smash hawthorn and the gold coast. WE ARE PORT ADELAIDE.

The world doesn't stop for Port Adelaide. And nor should we. Lets make our great club better. Theres only us that can do that. Im sick of whinging. Whining. Action. I want action. Go and have a beer at your club room. One. It won't hurt. Havd a feed with your family. What can happen? You wont starve believe me. Greg Phillips will pour your beer. Join up as a member. Three games. Smash the cows. Smash hawthorn and the gold coast. WE ARE PORT ADELAIDE.

You forgot to sign that off with #endrant

Last edited:

I read this to the theme tune of Different Strokes.

It is, first and foremost, a place for families. I don't think the food needs to be fancy at all. If I want that I'll go to a top-end restaurant and pay accordingly. It should be simple food, but cooked well and presented properly along with quick friendly service, that's all. A chicken schnitzel with chips and salad can be perfectly enjoyable if everything is fresh and cooked well. Get that sort of thing right and I'll be happy to keep going back.
I certainly agree that it needs a facelift though. Badly needs brightening up. That may also result in people sitting for a while after a meal and having an extra drink if the surroundings are more attractive.

It is, first and foremost, a place for families. I don't think the food needs to be fancy at all. If I want that I'll go to a top-end restaurant and pay accordingly. It should be simple food, but cooked well and presented properly along with quick friendly service, that's all. A chicken schnitzel with chips and salad can be perfectly enjoyable if everything is fresh and cooked well. Get that sort of thing right and I'll be happy to keep going back.
I certainly agree that it needs a facelift though. Badly needs brightening up. That may also result in people sitting for a while after a meal and having an extra drink if the surroundings are more attractive.

Unfortunately, where is the natural light going to come from? Ideally, the dining area should be a level above overlooking the ground..

PortClub6.jpg

Unfortunately, where is the natural light going to come from? Ideally, the dining area should be a level above overlooking the ground..

PortClub6.jpg
Having the dining area upstairs would definitely be the ideal, for natural light and also the view of the oval, but would probably involve a lot of expense and remodelling. Even lighter floor covering downstairs, along with painting the dark walls a lighter colour and better artificial lighting would make quite a difference I reckon.

Having the dining area upstairs would definitely be the ideal, for natural light and also the view of the oval, but would probably involve a lot of expense and remodelling. Even lighter floor covering downstairs, along with painting the dark walls a lighter colour and better artificial lighting would make quite a difference I reckon.

Your looking a $25000 to do the bottom dining area with new carpet.

i think upstairs would still work but it would mean when you have a function moving it back downstairs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your looking a $25000 to do the bottom dining area with new carpet.

i think upstairs would still work but it would mean when you have a function moving it back downstairs.
Trouble is then you have all that space downstairs largely wasted most of the time without spending a heap of money utilising it some other way. Also not sure about the capacity upstairs for sit-down meals on busy nights like Talking Footy etc.
What we need is a really wealthy benefactor to step up and fund it all. :)
And I don't mean me ;):(

Trouble is then you have all that space downstairs largely wasted most of the time without spending a heap of money utilising it some other way. Also not sure about the capacity upstairs for sit-down meals on busy nights like Talking Footy etc.
What we need is a really wealthy benefactor to step up and fund it all. :)
And I don't mean me ;):(
Need to get a Chinese billionaire to fall in love...

The dining room upstairs can comfortably accommodate 80, but I don't remember if there was a kitchen there or meals were ran from downstairs.

I went on Friday night and the wife said it was the best meal she has had in the 15 times or so i have taken her to eat at the club, on the other hand my schnitzel was that wet with oil it was soggy and by far the worst meal i have ever had at the club. :-(

I went on Friday night and the wife said it was the best meal she has had in the 15 times or so i have taken her to eat at the club, on the other hand my schnitzel was that wet with oil it was soggy and by far the worst meal i have ever had at the club. :-(

My last schnitzel was made of plastic so I've tried a few other things on the menu since and all weren't great.

The dining room upstairs can comfortably accommodate 80, but I don't remember if there was a kitchen there or meals were ran from downstairs.
There is a kitchen there (it's huge, probably bigger than downstairs) and the room upstairs could easily accommodate 80 - even more. It's larger than downstairs.

I would say the issue being that they have a fair amount of functions upstairs (in November/December they were booked out every weekend night as an example) and that's a pretty hefty part of the business.

There is a kitchen there (it's huge, probably bigger than downstairs) and the room upstairs could easily accommodate 80 - even more. It's larger than downstairs.

I would say the issue being that they have a fair amount of functions upstairs (in November/December they were booked out every weekend night as an example) and that's a pretty hefty part of the business.

Cool, yeah it seemed pretty big, and the food was very good, especially the dessert. Been a while, I was there as part of a function, so long ago I remember asking a question about the lack of In: Adam Thomson to Rhode.

Sent from mTalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back