The Precinct at Alberton (Formerly The Port Club)

Remove this Banner Ad

if having large quantities of quality food isn't cost effective and they don't sell through it we should just have a shitload of Four n Twenty Pie carts at the club. and OAK.

The club should speak to Luke Saturno at Gilbert Street Hotel. He's a rabid Port man and runs one of the best pubs in Adelaide.
Their chicken wings are legendary.

Surely the club can sort out something like chicken wings without stuffing it up.
Fat boges from Pennington & Rosewater would be knocking your door down.

Chicken Wings
Burgers & Hot Dogs
Fish & Chips
Nuggs for the kiddies

Do a roast of the day on Thursday's only (pensioners will start swarming from 11am)
Do a $15 pizza night on Tuesday nights (coincide with players hanging out at the Port Store)

Away Game Day specials that are quick to order, cook and bring out.

Run special days with local food providers: The Port Admiral, Low&Slow, Sotos, etc
Their suicide wings almost killed my sphincter :oops:

Don't get me started on the clothing. I wanted a beanie without pom poms. One you sit on your head without having to fold. All beanies apparently have pom poms. Grrrrrr. I wanted to buy something special for my boys. Nothing. I couldn't find anything. So they ended up with a Power Beanie Kid each.

Thank god for the Jurassic Dinosaurs or I'd be coming home with my tail between my legs.

The state of the port club is one of the saddest things with regards to the club. It's worse than roadhouse food.

It could be so much to so many but instead it's just a ******* go-to for over 70s who have lost their tastebuds and are well attuned to cold broccoli and brussels sprouts.

Such a massive waste.

How busy was it in 2014? Place was packed. Then they pulled the plug because shock horror - they had to invest money to make money.

The place is a dank shithole cave. I'd have limitless options before the Port Club even with the "it's our heartland" modifier applied.

I never under any circumstances eat there after family day, NAB games or before SANFL matches. Always go elsewhere.

It looks and feels like an old codgers cigarette ash damaged back shed man cave. It's truly putrid.

How busy was it in 2014? Place was packed. Then they pulled the plug because shock horror - they had to invest money to make money.

Shhh. There's programs to run, tournaments to administer, hotels and boarding houses to build, and centres of excellence to raise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't be a Chef that works at the club. Surely not? They must have old Mavis the cleaner in between brushing the toilets and has a crack at the kitchen. Even the members desk wasnt manned.

What have we become.

The state of the port club is one of the saddest things with regards to the club. It's worse than roadhouse food.

It could be so much to so many but instead it's just a ******* go-to for over 70s who have lost their tastebuds and are well attuned to cold broccoli and brussels sprouts.

Such a massive waste.

The place is a dank s**thole cave. I'd have limitless options before the Port Club even with the "it's our heartland" modifier applied.

I never under any circumstances eat there after family day, NAB games or before SANFL matches. Always go elsewhere.

It looks and feels like an old codgers cigarette ash damaged back shed man cave. It's truly putrid.
Yep.

Such a massive waste.

The place is a dank s**thole cave. I'd have limitless options before the Port Club even with the "it's our heartland" modifier applied.

Explained to the tee. Even all the trophies are not helping. I just cooked a quick supermarket steak that would draw crowds in the Port Club. Porter House 5 minutes each side. Tomato and onion salad. Done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What irks me most is the that we have the money - we're just committed to diverting away from the heartland. The irony being that it could eventually become a money maker on its own. *, it should be anyway.

Don't get me started on the clothing. I wanted a beanie without pom poms. One you sit on your head without having to fold. All beanies apparently have pom poms. ....
The chef was just following the receipe. If you have special dietary requirements you can always ask them to leave the pom pom off. Alternatively you can do what I do and remove the pom pom after the beanie has been served. It's a very simple operation.

What irks me most is the that we have the money - we're just committed to diverting away from the heartland. The irony being that it could eventually become a money maker on its own. fu**, it should be anyway.

We brag about having clubrooms. We may aswell not edge

What irks me most is the that we have the money - we're just committed to diverting away from the heartland. The irony being that it could eventually become a money maker on its own. fu**, it should be anyway.

The AFL and our shithouse board probably won’t let anyone spend money on ANYTHING. That would explain why we haven’t made much progress in China etc.

Honestly corporate budgeting is the dumbest worst s**t.

It’s a football club. If you’re after a hatted restaurant gut yourself off to cafe primo.
Maaaaate. My local football club Weroona Bay puts food up ten times better than this. We are an AFL football club. We should at least have warm veg. Someone manning the membership desk. And some clothing for kids. Unprofessional.

It’s a football club. If you’re after a hatted restaurant gut yourself off to cafe primo.
I don't want MasterChef food. I want better food that a kindergarten kid would serve up. So I can support my footy club. At the moment it's trash. If I was in the Army at war and served that. I'd throw it at my enemy. I've made my point. I'll say no more.

The AFL and our s**thouse board probably won’t let anyone spend money on ANYTHING. That would explain why we haven’t made much progress in China etc.

Honestly corporate budgeting is the dumbest worst s**t.

Then explain all the time we put in to the community programs. Are they all volunteer ran? I don't for a second believe that the club has its hands tied regarding operating the premises.

We gotta get being a football club right first. That's the football, and the club. The club is probably in worse shape than some ammos.

s**t, the roasts down at the South rooms used to be pretty good.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back