The Port Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 25, 2009
The Tower
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on the Port Club.

I am thinking of going to have tea and a few beers after the game on Saturday as I haven't been there yet and it seems like good timing. I'm not sure if a Saturday night will be a good or a bad idea.

So tell me some of your past experiences with food, service, environment etc.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

(I think today we need a thread like this, a little less intense :) )

It's a good day/night out. Good food, proper coffee machine, beers, Keno, TAB, a poke. Often run into a coach or player(s) depending on the time of day.

Supporters should get down there more.

Honeyboy Wilson

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah, I've been out there for a few meals and to watch a few away games upstairs. Not every away game though, cos I live in Unley and it's a fair trek when the game is usually on the box. Plus I've never watched a winning away game away from my couch. So maybe me attending is a bad omen.

But sometimes they'll have injured players upstairs when away games are on to go around and have a chat with people. I remember Hartlett was one of them last season. My girlfriend went out there during the day a couple of weeks back and most of the team came through apparently, Boak sitting behind her to watch something on the TV and other players just wandering around.

Good beer prices, friendly staff and great food.

I RECOMMEND.

Yeah, I've been out there for a few meals and to watch a few away games upstairs. Not every away game though, cos I live in Unley and it's a fair trek when the game is usually on the box. Plus I've never watched a winning away game away from my couch. So maybe me attending is a bad omen.

But sometimes they'll have injured players upstairs when away games are on to go around and have a chat with people. I remember Hartlett was one of them last season. My girlfriend went out there during the day a couple of weeks back and most of the team came through apparently, Boak sitting behind her to watch something on the TV and other players just wandering around.

Good beer prices, friendly staff and great food.

I RECOMMEND.

I did't go for an away game last year. Is the up stairs part for anyone to go and watch or is it members only? Just wondering in case I take some mates with me who aren't member (yes I do try and get them to sign up). usually I've just watched down stairs in the bar but the TV's aren't the best going around.

Honeyboy Wilson

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I honestly can't remember! I don't think I had to show my membership card to get up there, so I don't think you have to be a member! Plus the attendance upstairs wasn't anything to write home about, so I'm pretty sure they'd want more people up there! They have bigger and better TV's with the sound turned a bit louder, tables and chairs set out to watch it.

I go there quite regularly and for what it is, its well worth the visit

if you are going to eat there, do yourself a favour and try the cracked pepper fillet steak!! If it was possible, I would marry that s**t!

Went there last weekend to watch the game and have a feed, have to say it was good all round, good to be around like minded supporters :D good food and beer, well priced too! (even without membership discount) enough TV screens although they could invest in some larger ones when they have the $$.

Would love to see it more packed than it was but still was a great arvo!

P.S. love the Port machine! the arcade game where you pick up and win Por gear! great idea!

esdee22

Draftee
Apr 4, 2011
Greater Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Good Morning, We had the Angus Fillet there last night, which is fantastic.
I shared the Mignon with little 5yo who said it was the best steak ever and she is an expert. Hubby had the pepper one, which I tried and loved. Lovely bottle of Annie's Lane Cab Merlot and the great company of the Port Club Staff. Good food, good service, good company. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Absolute Power

Senior List
Oct 2, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Haven't been there in a while, last time we got snarled at by some sour so and so in the bistro (no names, you know who you are) for not booking a table on a dead quiet monday evening. :rolleyes:

Anyway apart from that it's a nice spot to have an ale and watch the game or spend some dollars in the power shop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One PAFC

Senior List
Sep 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ahhh, the Port Club, basically my second home, especially considering I practically live around the corner from the great joint now!

Power Plus

Team Captain
Nov 9, 2018
Morphett Vale
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
TALKING FOOTY | Thursday 19th September 2019

Huge line-up for Talking Footy with Russell Ebert, Bruce Abernethy, Greg Anderson and Scott Hodges. Also a few more players like Alipate Carlile and David Brown hanging around near the bar. Big night just before the Magpies Grand Final. I think this will be bigger than Texas, so book quick for a table and enjoy the chat with these great players. Call the Port Club on 8447 9902.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
C1927970-102C-4DD9-9124-7EC553C3CBD1.jpeg
CCFE14B5-13DF-4E90-9145-6F307623117B.jpeg

The Kentish has been an enjoyable spot. People should be happy with this. Not that the main complainers even eat there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back