Mega Thread The Port Store Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah for getting what you want.

Precisely.

Where your thinking is flawed is the expectation that the club's guernsey design should be done by popular vote. This was always a survey aimed at garnering support for what the club was going to do anyway. I have zero problem with this but that might be because the the side of the fence that I usually sit on with these matters.

You need to consider that he club knows what is possible, and what is not, based on relationship with AFL/Collingwood etc, and would have a very clear brand strategy worked out and how it would ideally be implemented. The survey was designed to give them a sense of what the ideal solution would be given some background parameters.

Asking the PB question only and getting overwhelming support for it but then not being able to implement it would have been a fatal mistake for the club.

They've gathered information about support for PBs but also how they can integrate some of our historically famous guernsey design into our current strip. While I agree that this is visually inferior to the pure black back, it is strategically a very good move. Sometimes you have to implement within restrictions because the ideal perfect world does not exist.

It's crafty questioning and I think it had some influence on the result.

A survey that gives you a response that you weren't expecting is a poorly designed survey.

Last edited:
A survey that gives you a response that you weren't expecting is a poorly designed survey.

A survey that is manipulated to give you the result you were expecting/wanted is also a massive waste of time...unless of course you're employed in the marketing department in which case it justifies your existence!

Herb is the mythical South Adelaide supporter from Morphett Vale that for reasons only known to himself, chose to follow Port Power est 1996 in the ALF.

He still hasn't realised that the Panthers are no longer based at St Marys.

Yeah what the * is up with that. My Auntie is a South supporter, but that is because she was brought up in Marion. Where the hell did Noarlunga come into it?

Yeah what the **** is up with that. My Auntie is a South supporter, but that is because she was brought up in Marion. Where the hell did Noarlunga come into it?

Urban Sprawl.

Precisely.

Where your thinking is flawed is the expectation that the club's guernsey design should be done by popular vote. This was always a survey aimed at garnering support for what the club was going to do anyway. I have zero problem with this but that might be because the the side of the fence that I usually sit on with these matters.

You need to consider that he club knows what is possible, and what is not, based on relationship with AFL/Collingwood etc, and would have a very clear brand strategy worked out and how it would ideally be implemented. The survey was designed to give them a sense of what the ideal solution would be given some background parameters.

Asking the PB question only and getting overwhelming support for it but then not being able to implement it would have been a fatal mistake for the club.

They've gathered information about support for PBs but also how they can integrate some of our historically famous guernsey design into our current strip. While I agree that this is visually inferior to the pure black back, it is strategically a very good move. Sometimes you have to implement within restrictions because the ideal perfect world does not exist.

Negative. On the contrary I've consistently argued the exact opposite. It should never be a popular vote, not even the illusion of one.

I get why they did it, I just don't agree with it. But that's hardly surprising since I'm on the wrong side of the change here.

I worked on Colonnades when it was built back in the late 1970's. I remember thinking, why the %^&$ are they building a large shopping center in the middle of nowhere. :oops:
They had build something for all the bogans to hang around. I call it Boganville now when I visit.

Disclaimer, I grew up in the southern suburbs so I'm allowed to hang s**t on them.:smile:

The Southern burbs are so much better than the North.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

guy you used to know? Did he just mysteriously go missing? :eek:

Maybe... [looks around suspiciously]

No, he was in a course i took a couple of years ago.

Edit... It's funny, he was talking about and he said he always called Bunting a little bitch, Bunting used his intimidating demeanour to cover the fact that by himself he was a coward. I don't know how true this is but the guy who knew him was intimidating af himself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back