Toast The Positive thread: now with 2020 vision

Remove this Banner Ad

do I have to spell it out? compare the lists, spot for spot, ffs - I'm way too busy & this sort of thing calls for someone with a nose for history & player potential
You've got the whole pre-season to do this comparison - get on with it :p

Roast me all you like but I feel like Polson will be the big improver/bolter next season, especially under a positive and player instinct driven mentor in Teague, we will see the lad flourish and perhaps become our new Dennis Armfield.
If he is healthy, I would play him round 1, back him in and hopefully give him a shot in the arm of belief and self-confidence, I truly think he Has the tools and attributes to be a pretty good player at AFL Level.

I have a feeling about him too. But I reckon 2021 will be the year for him.

though it's not always an accurate pointer to strong afl performances, I worry that cam_po just doesn't seem to be able to dominate or even stand out at vfl level - even snails like puss, brock & carrots racked up 35 touches with ease at the lower level.........

I don't mind Cam and I will continue to support the club's decision to give him a contract extension in 2018, but his issue is he doesn't really have any standout traits at AFL level.

- He's not a great kick
- He doesn't find a lot of the ball
- He's not particularly quick or strong
- He's doesn't have a particularly good footy brain
- He doesn't have great endurance
- He's not a natural forward

If you're sub 180cm you're already up against it to be a good footballer at the highest level and you really need to excel in at least one of the above areas.

He's at or near the top of the list for most people to lose his spot on the list come this time next year, rightly so too. It's not impossible that he turns things around but you'd have to say it is very unlikely at this stage.

I don't mind Cam and I will continue to support the club's decision to give him a contract extension in 2018, but his issue is he doesn't really have any standout traits at AFL level.
- He's not a great kick
- He doesn't find a lot of the ball
- He's not particularly quick or strong
- He's doesn't have a particularly good footy brain
- He doesn't have great endurance
- He's not a natural forward

If you're sub 180cm you're already up against it to be a good footballer at the highest level and you really need to excel in at least one of the above areas.

He's at or near the top of the list for most people to lose his spot on the list come this time next year, rightly so too. It's not impossible that he turns things around but you'd have to say it is very unlikely at this stage.

......and he doesn't receive much opportunity in the midfield, even at VFL level.

Polson played a couple of good games in the VFL in his first year, playing as a midfielder, before he got injured.
Then trying to turn him into something he isn't, just hasn't favoured his situation at all.
He won't be the first nor the last of our players that will die a slow death playing VFL football and being played out of position, unfortunately.

......and he doesn't receive much opportunity in the midfield, even at VFL level.

Polson played a couple of good games in the VFL in his first year, playing as a midfielder, before he got injured.
Then trying to turn him into something he isn't, just hasn't favoured his situation at all.
He won't be the first nor the last of our players that will die a slow death playing VFL football and being played out of position, unfortunately.
Read the thread topic. ..geez...

He is POSITIVE Cam_Po will die a slow death???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Three blokes we've picked up are looking like they might be able to make it as AFL players at Carlton - this is an amazing outcome - with Kemp up our sleeves. If Teague and his coaches can figure out how to develop these blokes properly - we have enough in the system now to arrive at sustainable competitiveness for 2-3 years - haven't been on the position for 20 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back