Toast The Positive thread: now with 2020 vision

Remove this Banner Ad

Our 'attempt' in doing things properly by way of key appointments.
Stopped head-hunting those that CEO thought to be best, or President thought to be best etc. We have embraced a business-type process.

We finally have a stand-alone List Manager. No meddling from CEO's, Football Managers, Presidents etc.
We have a one-stop shop making the decisions as to who will come into this club and who will not for better or worse, but it is the right way.

We have a plan...a real plan...and even if it doesn't bring about the ultimate goal, the fact we have an honest plan, is a step in the right direction.

We may have subtly distanced ourselves from Mathieson. Easier said than done, but he has at least been quiet in the media, in recent years.

Each and every one of these points are prone to be sabotaged again, unfortunately.
If they're not and Carlton finally become an honest (brutal is fine, but has to be honest) club, we'll be better off for it.

C'mon Harks you know you want to, you're close, just let go of some of that conservatism, c'mon just try it.................................:straining:

15 more :trophy: than that Rabble from Linton St :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

cakecrumbs-carlton-cupcakes-02.jpg

:trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy:

We will soon have:

Best player in the AFL: Charlie
Best Inside mid in AFL: Cripps
Best Hybrid Mid in AFL: Dow
Best Captain in AFL: Docherty
Best Coach in AFL: Bolton
Best Key forward in AFL: McKay
Best Key Defender in AFL: Weitering
Best Intercept mark in the AFL: Marchbank
Best Small forward in AFL: LEBOIS!!!
Best Wingman and Kick in AFL: O'Brien
2nd Best Wingman in AFL: Pickett
Best HBF in AFL: Cuningham/Williamson (Draw)
Best Ruck/Fwd in AFL: DeKoning

Plus 22 AA's in 2021 and a FLAG.

Unlike the year where MM ran us into the ground & we had no kids to hang our hat for the future, we have a stack of kids who are going to be part of no.17 with a coach who has been transparent to us supporters in where we are and where we are going.

Great thread Neese :thumbsupemoji:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ed Curnow,

Unheralded, busts his ass off, takes massive hits and gets back up with no fuss or retaliation and really does bleed for the jumper. The club has a heap of issues right now, he ain't one of them.
I bagged Ed at the start of the season and I admit i was wrong. Bloke busts his ass week in and out.

Last edited:
Simmo

Every Carlton draftee should be given a tape of his career to watch the moment they walk in the door, even his possessionless games early on. Pound for pound has punched above his weight class

Perseverance, courage, commitment.

They all need to know, what it takes

Bestie and I are seriously pondering coming over to honour him in his 300th

Just jagged $20mil to upgrade our home ground and training facilities.

The club is going places on and off the field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back