Toast The Positive thread: now with 2020 vision

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm actually starting to feel that the North game was an anomoly. We weren't thst bad against the Tiges or the Pies. Who are both seemingly good sides. We were poor against the Suns but not abysmal.

Losing our captain before the game was rough. We will struggle for a few weeks but the return of
- Murph
- Kreuzer
- Kennedy
- Marchbank
- Williamson
- Lang

Should make a big difference when they are ready to go

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta say even though we lost yesterday, really enjoyed the match. I think there’s something really heartening about seeing young players come in and have a real crack. At the end of the day they are the future of the footy club.

I kind of have a belief that now isn’t the time for chopping and changing the side. I think it is the perfect time for getting games into our first, second and third year players. Obviously Bolton has a lot of faith in the list and I think if we give it time the players will start to repay that faith in spades.

Love this thread,:thumbsu: Neese.

I was speaking to a coach from Cockburn juniors on the weekend (pronounced Coburn, near Freo in WA), had the whole team (U/16?)at the G watching us v the Eagles, he had a Carlton hat on. Most were going for us cause their Freo supporters. Asked how his trip was going and what they were up to.

He had asked WC if they could perhaps watch them train and train after them? WC didn't want to know about them(wear the same colours) He then asked Carlton. Carlton opened up the ground to them and let them train and use the facilities, how much of the facilities, he didn't go into, but he said the boys were totally wrapped.

Last edited:
Love this thread,:thumbsu: Neese.

I was speaking to a coach from Cockburn juniors on the weekend (pronounced Coburn, near Freo in WA), had the whole team (U/16?)at the G watching us v the Eagles, he had a Carlton hat on. Most where going for us cause their Freo supporters. Asked how his trip was going and what they were up to.

He had asked WC if they could perhaps watch them train and train after them? WC didn't want to know about them(wear the same colours) He then asked Carlton. Carlton opened up the ground to them and let them train and use the facilities, how much of the facilities, he didn't go into, but he said the boys were totally wrapped.

That's brilliant to hear. Good work whoever in the club permitted that.

I'm positive we are going to be a super-power in the AFL once again, its not a case of "if" it's "when".
then will you take that silly costume off?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back