Toast The Positive thread: now with 2020 vision

Remove this Banner Ad

Docherty, Pickett.

It is not about the winning, it is about taking part.

As blues supporters we play an important role in the bigger picture in that we make all other supporters feel very good about themselves and their club.

Waiting transfixed for the next bit of positivity to hit our club.

:'(:'(:'(:D:D:D:eek::eek::eek:

Rather than just plodding around in the VFL behind the eight ball, if Pickett is paired with Doc for the upcoming months of rehab work, he’ll get a first class lesson in self discipline and preparation. This injury might just be the making of him.

This injury might not be the making of him monkey. He has been injured and unfit since he began 4/5 years ago.

Rather than just plodding around in the VFL behind the eight ball, if Pickett is paired with Doc for the upcoming months of rehab work, he’ll get a first class lesson in self discipline and preparation. This injury might just be the making of him.
genius :thumbsu:

Any thoughts and feedback from the track watchers on Callum Beasy or Matthew Watson for Cringle and I would be greatly appreciated. They both seem to be flying under the radar.
Beasy was just running laps with Murray Vance and Luke Livingston. Livingston was having trouble, didn't know which way to run, backwards or forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been thinkin long and hard to put a + ve spin on this so far ….

Her goes ….

I'm positive we won't have any more season ending injuries this year …………

FMD.

Been thinkin long and hard to put a + ve spin on this so far ….

Her goes ….

I'm positive we won't have any more season ending injuries this year …………

FMD.
Holding you responsible Tinman

Tell you what I’m positive about:

We are back. The night was darkest before the dawn.

Moments of waking with excitement about the footy are nigh. “You beauty we are playing today.” Walking in to the ground hugging your loved one and having that confident smile. Buying the papers the day after the game so we can immerse ourselves in the aftermath of a win.

I’m an old man now. I was young once. When we were kings. When others feared us. I have watched many a false dawn come and go. I’ve allowed myself faux excitement at recruiting Steven Browne and Denis Armfield. We had nothing. We’ve had nothing. For so so long. We have brought in a congaline of duds. We seemed to take great joy in picking guys with insurmountable flaws- kicking SO bad they couldn’t play. Fumbling (tempted to name names but won’t).

Look at this list. Really look at it. See the signs. I personally love the saying “opportunity doesnt knock, it whispers”.

Well the whispers are there. In full force. There are no duds on the list any more. Like none. The players are CLEARLY fit now, finally. We have a squad of good characters. We had a huge hole in the midfield and we brought in SPs, Fisher, Dow, Kennedy, O’Brien, Walsh Stocker and Setters in no time. Our backline is overflowing with options. Our forwards are now a triple threat.

We are back. We don’t need to wait. And we have on our list now the guy who will go down as the greatest Carlton player of all time. No pressure Sammy. But you’ve got IT. I see you kid. I’ve been watching juniors for a LONG time. You’re going to walk straight in and play at the highest standard.....and then improve.

I’ve never been this excited. I will not be swayed. Go buy a membership. Buy a footy jumper. Put 18 on the back. Get the old swagger back and ******* get into it.

As other supporters hang s**t on you....pause. Don’t retaliate. Dont defend. Don’t think of a quick response or smart arse reply. Just.....smile. You know the one. The “if you say so” smile. Which really means “I know something you don’t.” And turn and walk away.

You’ll feel the fear as they gulp, and think soberly to themselves:

“oh s**t, they ARE ******* back”

Tell you what I’m positive about:

We are back. The night was darkest before the dawn.

Moments of waking with excitement about the footy are nigh. “You beauty we are playing today.” Walking in to the ground hugging your loved one and having that confident smile. Buying the papers the day after the game so we can immerse ourselves in the aftermath of a win.

I’m an old man now. I was young once. When we were kings. When others feared us. I have watched many a false dawn come and go. I’ve allowed myself faux excitement at recruiting Steven Browne and Denis Armfield. We had nothing. We’ve had nothing. For so so long. We have brought in a congaline of duds. We seemed to take great joy in picking guys with insurmountable flaws- kicking SO bad they couldn’t play. Fumbling (tempted to name names but won’t).

Look at this list. Really look at it. See the signs. I personally love the saying “opportunity doesnt knock, it whispers”.

Well the whispers are there. In full force. There are no duds on the list any more. Like none. The players are CLEARLY fit now, finally. We have a squad of good characters. We had a huge hole in the midfield and we brought in SPs, Fisher, Dow, Kennedy, O’Brien, Walsh Stocker and Setters in no time. Our backline is overflowing with options. Our forwards are now a triple threat.

We are back. We don’t need to wait. And we have on our list now the guy who will go down as the greatest Carlton player of all time. No pressure Sammy. But you’ve got IT. I see you kid. I’ve been watching juniors for a LONG time. You’re going to walk straight in and play at the highest standard.....and then improve.

I’ve never been this excited. I will not be swayed. Go buy a membership. Buy a footy jumper. Put 18 on the back. Get the old swagger back and ******* get into it.

As other supporters hang s**t on you....pause. Don’t retaliate. Dont defend. Don’t think of a quick response or smart arse reply. Just.....smile. You know the one. The “if you say so” smile. Which really means “I know something you don’t.” And turn and walk away.

You’ll feel the fear as they gulp, and think soberly to themselves:

“oh s**t, they ARE ******* back”

I’m getting my boots out the wardrobe right now !!!
86188A33-41BE-49FF-BFE2-25A36DBE136B.jpeg

I love this ******* club. I’m not just a fan. It’s in my soul. It’s in yours too. Let’s go into 2019 with no more whinging. No more complaining. Enough is enough.

They did what we ALL wanted.

They went back to the draft in spades. They recruited in young players. They truly bottomed out and took the pain.

They’ve not made any mistakes with early picks. We all would have taken Weiters. He was consensus number 1. I was dubious about CC and McKay. I couldn’t have been more wrong. Many clubs had Dow at 1. O’Brien has shown to be an inspired choice. SPS and Fisher great choices. And while idiots like me wanted to trade pick 1 they kept it for an absolute GUN in Walsh. They’ve picked up late gems like Willo.

They’ve show great patience. They’ve turned the club around. They’ve started to attract players (like McGovern, Setterfield) and coaching/fitness staff (like Russell).

They deserve respect and support. They’ve put together a PREMIERSHIP list folks. It’s only WHEN. Not IF.

They deserve our full unqualified backing. They deserve us to stop whinging. I am talking to myself as much as anyone (had to change my name from Windows to Windows1 - lost password- so if you want to check my long history of complaining feel free!).

The bottom line: they did what we asked.

It’s going to feel really HOLLOW for us when we win our next flag if we keep whinging now. I highly recommend we all stop.

I recommend we show them patience and respect. And support our guts out.

In the words of the immortal George Harrison:

“Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right

Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun
It's all right”

Grab your kids and get ready. Here comes the ******* sun.

I love this ******* club. I’m not just a fan. It’s in my soul. It’s in yours too. Let’s go into 2019 with no more whinging. No more complaining. Enough is enough.

They did what we ALL wanted.

They went back to the draft in spades. They recruited in young players. They truly bottomed out and took the pain.

They’ve not made any mistakes with early picks. We all would have taken Weiters. He was consensus number 1. I was dubious about CC and McKay. I couldn’t have been more wrong. Many clubs had Dow at 1. O’Brien has shown to be an inspired choice. SPS and Fisher great choices. And while idiots like me wanted to trade pick 1 they kept it for an absolute GUN in Walsh. They’ve picked up late gems like Willo.

They’ve show great patience. They’ve turned the club around. They’ve started to attract players (like McGovern, Setterfield) and coaching/fitness staff (like Russell).

They deserve respect and support. They’ve put together a PREMIERSHIP list folks. It’s only WHEN. Not IF.

They deserve our full unqualified backing. They deserve us to stop whinging. I am talking to myself as much as anyone (had to change my name from Windows to Windows1 - lost password- so if you want to check my long history of complaining feel free!).

The bottom line: they did what we asked.

It’s going to feel really HOLLOW for us when we win our next flag if we keep whinging now. I highly recommend we all stop.

I recommend we show them patience and respect. And support our guts out.

In the words of the immortal George Harrison:

“Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun
It's all right

Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun
It's all right”

Grab your kids and get ready. Here comes the ******* sun.

* me drunk …. session has started early today …..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back