Universal Love The Positive Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

2018 and 2019 were outliers, we'll be back to top 4 and maybe top 2 if we get a good run with injuries. :)

Yeah, no.

Next year is setting up to be a painful one, but at least one that can be built off instead of what the last two seasons were.

Exactly. There was no year zero.

Turns out that there is in astronomical years and year 0 is what you would call 1BC. I go by the astronomical calendar which I think is backed up by ISO 8601:2019. Google told me that the reason that your calendar doesn’t have a year 0 is because that number had not been known to the Romans at the time the calendar was created.

As a club - I believe we have been the best club AFL this century at 3 things:

1. Losing key players (Bock, Gunston, Davis, Tippet, Danger, Cameron, Lever, Betts)

2. Developing KPP (Bock, Hentschel,Gunston,Rutten, Davis, Tippett, Talia, Lever, Walker, Jenkins, Doedee).

3. Making the finals after a coach departs. Craig in 2005, Sando in 2012, Walsh in 2015, Pyke in 2016. Only one who didn't do it was Ayres in 2000.

So considering our past - I am rather confident that at least one of Worrell /McAsey will turn out to be very good footballers. We should rebound with Nicks as a new head coach. He has brought in to make it a happier place -so fingers crossed we can have a rebound season like 2005/2012/2017.

The other good news is that we dont really have any superstars - so fingers crossed the exodus doesn't happen again this year.

In 2019 due to a number of reasons the club was "crook" in the trade period we moved on two players who were just adding to the illness and not helping us get better - some crew within the AFC actually have a good picture of what needs to happen!!

In 2019 due to a number of reasons the club was "crook" in the trade period we moved on two players who were just adding to the illness and not helping us get better - some crew within the AFC actually have a good picture of what needs to happen!!

Or they were the only ones prepared to challenge the Roo/Burto/Pyke/Campo regime, so we’re forced out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Mr. T. occupied the chair!

I did not see that coming
6633a82444d0d2e50fcf113619fa32e1e961fb3923f96c07c671e9f1286fd4a0.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back