The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Great to see Mayes back in fine form on the weekend.

Well said. He has steadily improved and gone from being lucky to make the team early in the season to really having secured a spot now. Still lots to work on but he was just about our oldest defender much of the time. Hopefully the improvements continue with Sam into next season.

Just watched Harris Andrews mic'd up video, could barely hear him over the thumping suspence music, but what you could hear sounded amazing.

What a fantastic young Bloke and shining light at our footy club, already calmly showing leadership beyond his years. This Guy is a future leader and 200 game

player at our club and he is one young player who I look at and see nothing but hope for, both for him individually and the club as a whole.

Just watched Harris Andrews mic'd up video, could barely hear him over the thumping suspence music, but what you could hear sounded amazing.

What a fantastic young Bloke and shining light at our footy club, already calmly showing leadership beyond his years. This Guy is a future leader and 200 game

player at our club and he is one young player who I look at and see nothing but hope for, both for him individually and the club as a whole.

All the feedback I hear about Harris is really positive and talked about as possible future captain material. A real keeper.

All the feedback I hear about Harris is really positive and talked about as possible future captain material. A real keeper.

Yeah, basically annointed as a captain in waiting under the current regime at least.

A few players apparently call him "skip" in a half-joking way.

Has there ever been a tall back man as a captain?

Maxwell and Hodge are mid sized defenders.. not saying it's an issue, just an interesting concept, I am all for it - love the Kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have been impressed by the united front everybody from the club has presented. These are difficult times and they will continue for some time yet but everybody appears to be on the same page. It would be easy to splinter and point the finger at others. Everybody seems to acknowledge that much needs to be done and they all seem prepared to do the hard yards to make us a successful club again. Our downfall wasn't caused by one person or one decision but a number of factors, some outside our control. It will take time but I am confident because of the calibre of the people at our club that we will once again rise up the ladder to be a powerhouse of the competition. Go Lions!

Last edited:
I have been impressed by the united front everybody from the club has presented. These are difficult times and they will continue for some time yet but everybody appears to be on the same page. It would be easy to splinter and point the finger at others. Everybody seems to acknowledge that much needs to be done and they all seem prepared to do the hard yards to make us a successful club again. Our downfall wasn't caused by one person or one decision but a number of factors, some outside our control. It will take time but I am confident because of the caliber of the people at our club that we will once again rise up the ladder to be a powerhouse of the competition. Go Lions!
Agreed, a constant message keeps coming through. i'm all for sticking the journey for at least next season, but would like to see a mature monster down back to support the juniors and we really need som more speed through the centre and outside. Really showed what we are missing watching the giants pace.

Our play for Jenkins has kept Adelaide honest and forced them to move from a 2 year deal and unders to a 5 year deal and fair value. Good for Jenkins and ultimately good for the Lions in forcing other clubs to use up their cap space - particularly given the "go home" situation we face on a regular basis...

Our play for Jenkins has kept Adelaide honest and forced them to move from a 2 year deal and unders to a 5 year deal and fair value. Good for Jenkins and ultimately good for the Lions in forcing other clubs to use up their cap space - particularly given the "go home" situation we face on a regular basis...
And some would say good for us in that they saved us from a 5 year, multi million dollar deal with a 27 year old forward when what we desperately need is a mature key defender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back