The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So at Piedimontes today, a IGA supermarket and saw a mum put a coin in one of those toy dispense machines. This one was an AFL branded model that spits out little rubber balls wiht a team logo on them.

So she says to her little boy, what comes out will be the winner of the next years premiership. I couldn't help waiting to see who it was and sure enough it was the Brisbane Lions that came out. The little kid grabbed the ball so tightly and all I could think was you poor little bastard. :D Was petty funny to me

So at Piedimontes today, a IGA supermarket and saw a mum put a coin in one of those toy dispense machines. This one was an AFL branded model that spits out little rubber balls wiht a team logo on them.

So she says to her little boy, what comes out will be the winner of the next years premiership. I couldn't help waiting to see who it was and sure enough it was the Brisbane Lions that came out. The little kid grabbed the ball so tightly and all I could think was you poor little bastard. :D Was petty funny to me

Sick puppy, but I like you.

Good enough for me. Those machines never lie. (Disclaimer: Machine will tell the truth but may be referencing an alternate universe where the Brisbane Lions indeed become next year's premiers. It's science, look it up.)

we can now move on to more important things-

1) new coach announcement.
2) new assistant coach announcements.
3) PP announcement.
4) trade ins and outs.
5) draft some guns.
6) new administration and training base announcement.

You know your AFL team has had a bad year when there losses hurt more then your NRL team losing a grand final.

Whoops this is the positives thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel like McStay should be in there as well, just as talented as the others but work ethic is an issue. If he can up his work rate, he could be like Geelong's Taylor imo.
Agree here, I think it's also a bit of a case of Excusitis (not a yet confirmed sickness). I remember last year he was behind Rocky at a media/school event and Rocky was using the club's 'youth' excuse line and thought that right behind him is one of those younger players and it must mess with their psyche. Bit of deprogramming, better development/coaching/educating and I think he'I'll be better for it.

Just reflecting on the pictures above a little bit, one of the main positives of the season has to be Hipwood. Looked to me like he was built like an African distance runner and would take some years to come through but didn't he look good? Really has an x factor about him, attacks the contest and can really take a leap. Kick for goal maybe worse than Daniher though :eek: If I was forced to pick only 1 then I'd have him over Schache at this point in the game based on what I've seen. They do look like they complement each other well though.

Archie's debut would have to be up there as well. 2017 Rising Star here we come.

Our trading period seemed calm and very professional. Already it feels like a lot of people are on the same page and working towards a clearly articulated goal. We looked like one of the clubs that was never in a panic during the trading period. Even when the Rockliff thing was playing out, the club seemed to have a deliberate, calm and logical air about it.

Is that confirmed? Or just what you want?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...n/news-story/99e44b24334b080e66fdd3632d5134aa

ROUND 1, 2017

**Thursday, March 23**

Carlton v Richmond, MCG 7:20 pm

**Friday, March 24**

Collingwood v Western Bulldogs, MCG 7:50pm

**Saturday, March 25**

Sydney v Port Adelaide, SCG 2pm approx

North Melbourne v West Coast, Etihad Stadium 4:30pm

Gold Coast v Brisbane, Metricon Stadium 7:25pm

Essendon v Hawthorn, MCG 7:25pm

**Sunday, March 26**

Adelaide v GWS Giants, Adelaide Oval 1pm approx

St Kilda v Melbourne, Etihad Stadium 3:20pm approx

Fremantle v Geelong, Subiaco 7:40pm

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...n/news-story/99e44b24334b080e66fdd3632d5134aa

ROUND 1, 2017

**Thursday, March 23**

Carlton v Richmond, MCG 7:20 pm

**Friday, March 24**

Collingwood v Western Bulldogs, MCG 7:50pm

**Saturday, March 25**

Sydney v Port Adelaide, SCG 2pm approx

North Melbourne v West Coast, Etihad Stadium 4:30pm

Gold Coast v Brisbane, Metricon Stadium 7:25pm

Essendon v Hawthorn, MCG 7:25pm

**Sunday, March 26**

Adelaide v GWS Giants, Adelaide Oval 1pm approx

St Kilda v Melbourne, Etihad Stadium 3:20pm approx

Fremantle v Geelong, Subiaco 7:40pm
:thumbsu::thumbsu: Fantastic result to start the season against the Suns at Metricon! Gives us a chance to kick the season off with a win and it will likely mean we won't have to leave Queensland until Round 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back