The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Half time was blissfully peaceful after the PA went on the blink. Best match day experience ever.
Half time was blissfully peaceful after the PA went on the blink. Best match day experience ever.

Best match day experience ever?
· a Blaise of glory?
PA?
· You taking the psi?
Pa – PASCALL
· Or just being fruity?

Sorry all... just trying to be positive. :straining:

Also have been quite impressed with Rich, Mayes and in particular Cutler in the backline. Cutler is actually 3rd in the league for Rebound 50s. Would like to see Rich use the ball a little better though.

Harris Andrews' 3rd in the league for 1%ers shows the mammoth effort he has been putting in. Back line have been ok so far this year.
Have to disagree with Cutler. Been very dissapointed with his first couple of games especially with his kicking and decision making. Still have high hopes for him but there is along way to go for Cutler I believe especially when I believe that Fagan will focus on bringing in players who have elite footskills e.g. Cox, Witherden and McCluggage and his decision making.

We still have Paparone to come in, think he is exactly the type of player that Fagan will be able to do something with. His height and running ability is something we could certainly use whether it be for forward pressure or for filling the gaps in our defensive half. Only people who watched him live at games in the last year or so will appreciate how important he was (even though we were getting smashed), he constantly filled holes and picked up the slack from other players not running as hard defensively. He does just the things that you don't see on TV, but are just as important as a disposal.

We still have Paparone to come in, think he is exactly the type of player that Fagan will be able to do something with. His height and running ability is something we could certainly use whether it be for forward pressure or for filling the gaps in our defensive half. Only people who watched him live at games in the last year or so will appreciate how important he was (even though we were getting smashed), he constantly filled holes and picked up the slack from other players not running as hard defensively. He does just the things that you don't see on TV, but are just as important as a disposal.
Absolutely agree

Except for the fire alarm outside the ground and no eftpos in the ground and no turnstiles etc.
Stadiums Queensland can't even be bothered to reply to an email I sent them about the fire in one of the food outlets.
It had the potential to be extremely dangerous, the staff had no idea what to do and where was QFS?
At least if they had turned out we might have had the match called off and we split the points!

I think another positive worth acknowledging is we're winning a lot of important midfield KPIs, indicating we're not far off fixing our issues. If we can find the right recipe of ball users on the outside then all of a sudden the contested ball dominance will convert into inside 50s which will convert into scoring shots.

I think another positive worth acknowledging is we're winning a lot of important midfield KPIs, indicating we're not far off fixing our issues. If we can find the right recipe of ball users on the outside then all of a sudden the contested ball dominance will convert into inside 50s which will convert into scoring shots.

Is it as simple as reducing turnovers and increasing pressure on the opposition?

Is it as simple as reducing turnovers and increasing pressure on the opposition?

I think that combined with better disposal we'd be a much better team. If we could manage it consistently we'd be an 8-12 team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stadiums Queensland can't even be bothered to reply to an email I sent them about the fire in one of the food outlets.
It had the potential to be extremely dangerous, the staff had no idea what to do and where was QFS?
At least if they had turned out we might have had the match called off and we split the points!
Was that the one near section 63? I knew the sprinklers had been set off but I didn't realise there had been a fire.

They came, its was my kid's highlight, he's six.

Had a similar thing happen last year at a game against GCS IIRC. One of the lights was o fire and molten plastic was dropping onto people below. We were right under it and it took about 10 minutes before anyone came. QLD Stadiums are a rabble.

With Bundy out for the year, the positive is it gives other players an option to cement a best 22 spot. It also means a rookie can get promoted, which is great news for them. Likely Hammer if I were to guess.

Particularly, I think this'll mean McLuggage will likely hold his spot in the 22 for the bulk of the year which I wasn't convinced of at the start.

With Bundy out for the year, the positive is it gives other players an option to cement a best 22 spot. It also means a rookie can get promoted, which is great news for them. Likely Hammer if I were to guess.

Particularly, I think this'll mean McLuggage will likely hold his spot in the 22 for the bulk of the year which I wasn't convinced of at the start.

Someone said Reuben might be the choice of you were looking for a like-for-like.

Then again, Barrett for Skinner wasn't, so maybe Hammer would be the square up.

Someone said Reuben might be the choice of you were looking for a like-for-like.

Then again, Barrett for Skinner wasn't, so maybe Hammer would be the square up.

Reuben or Hammer are the two logical ones. Reuben probably more likely. Hinge perhaps if he began to show real steps up to that standard. A few ahead of him though I'd think.

In actual fact they may just hold the upgrade off and see where the needs are as the season progresses. Also, I may be wrong, but once Skinner is back and active would Barrett need to be upgraded again?

Reuben or Hammer are the two logical ones. Reuben probably more likely. Hinge perhaps if he began to show real steps up to that standard. A few ahead of him though I'd think.

In actual fact they may just hold the upgrade off and see where the needs are as the season progresses. Also, I may be wrong, but once Skinner is back and active would Barrett need to be upgraded again?

You are correct.

I'd love to see William on the field but I feel 2018 will be his year.

I know it is unlikely, but I'd love to see Hammer or Dawson play a senior game in the forward line as a third tall if an opportunity pops up. Wrong thread for that discussion though.

Good news everybody! I went down to record store day at Vital Juices Redcliffe and picked up a Woody Guthrie double LP and a double LP of the Inside Llewyn Davis soundtrack.

I don't think the next 3 hours will be positive so I thought it was worth posting lol

Half a game of footy and our 2 pillars have crashed into each once. Instead of the 5 a quarter we are used to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back