The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

For me the biggest positive is our winning clearances and doing very well in contested possessions. This is a big improvement from last year. Lost Rocky but the young one have stept up.
Couldn't agree more. Watched first half again this morning and even though we did some things wrong the impact was less because we were winning our fair share of the ball. It makes a huge difference.

Also very impressed with how even our player contribution has become. We used to have a few major ball winners but we'v embraced a very team first approach which is a credit to everyone at the club for embracing the mentality. If anything I think trading Rockliff has been a catalyst to this improvement.

A positive thought for me at least:

This time last year I was looking at best 22 predictions. Funny thing is that probably every single one didn’t have Witherdon, Cox or Allison in them. I think it’s great to realise that any of our youngsters that haven’t a debuted yet could come out and be a star like McCluggage, Berry, Witherdon or Cox.

It’s just something that’s exciting for me. Who knows whether it’s Bailey, Starcevich or Wooller. Maybe it will be Payne or Ballenden. Corey Lyons? Whoever it is, I’m excited to see the younger players make the step up and play good footy.

This time last year I was looking at best 22 predictions. Funny thing is that probably every single one didn’t have Witherdon, Cox or Allison in them. I think it’s great to realise that any of our youngsters that haven’t a debuted yet could come out and be a star like McCluggage, Berry, Witherdon or Cox.

It’s just something that’s exciting for me. Who knows whether it’s Bailey, Starcevich or Wooller. Maybe it will be Payne or Ballenden. Corey Lyons? Whoever it is, I’m excited to see the younger players make the step up and play good footy.
I'm very confident that Bailey will be a gun. Contested ball winning beast with elite speed and agility. Those attributes will serve him very well. I think he'll be an Adam Treloar type mid but hopefully with better disposal!

Love this post. Best post from any Lions supporter this year thus far imo. Let the negative nellys bugger off & lets get excited with what is starting to grow & bud into fruit.

If you got a spare few minutes go through Stats on afl website. It reads very well for us in a number of areas especially given we have played two teams who could end up top 4. Inside 50s needs to improve but I think that will as we get better with our ball movement and defensive press. I'm wondering if Freo could beat Richmond last year why can't we beat them Saturday?

If you got a spare few minutes go through Stats on afl website. It reads very well for us in a number of areas especially given we have played two teams who could end up top 4. Inside 50s needs to improve but I think that will as we get better with our ball movement and defensive press. I'm wondering if Freo could beat Richmond last year why can't we beat them Saturday?

After our game against Port, I'd argue that we've got the talent to match it with any team in the AFL. Match teams for long enough and unexpected wins become less and less unexpected and we'll begin to climb the ladder.

After our game against Port, I'd argue that we've got the talent to match it with any team in the AFL. Match teams for long enough and unexpected wins become less and less unexpected and we'll begin to climb the ladder.
The Port game was interesting in that you could almost see the players start to believe they could genuinely compete with top teams, rather than just hoping to. The fact that we have been in a legitimate position to win late in all 3 of our games is marked sign of improvement compared to previous years, and you can imagine the players would be feeling that too and starting to genuinely expect to compete rather than hope.

The next 2 weeks will be fascinating - will they still believe against the Tigers? and how will they react when we play the Suns in what will be the first game for the year where we will start as something other than distinct outsiders

I think a huge positive is we now have a genuine marking small forward. Yes we have the likes of Taylor christo and zorks but cameron is that genuine small. I thought we paid overs but i dont think it's the case at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A friend of mine tagged me in one of his old status updates from 2014 saying "look how far we've come". This time four years ago Port beat us by 113 points.

In that game we had just 6 players play who played last week (Taylor, Zorko, Bewick, Robertson, Cutler and Mayes)

The list turnover since then was significant but boy was it necessary and so far it is looking to be successful. Plenty of things to check off before we are top 8 but we are closer than we've been since the glory days of finding sustained success.

A friend of mine tagged me in one of his old status updates from 2014 saying "look how far we've come". This time four years ago Port beat us by 113 points.

In that game we had just 6 players play who played last week (Taylor, Zorko, Bewick, Robertson, Cutler and Mayes)

The list turnover since then was significant but boy was it necessary and so far it is looking to be successful. Plenty of things to check off before we are top 8 but we are closer than we've been since the glory days of finding sustained success.
3-peat incoming I can hear the rumble

Remove this Banner Ad

Back