The positives thread

Dizzy has kept Franklin and Cameron to one goal. He plays talls a lot better than I really expected.
Neither plays like a true tall though. They rely on being too mobile for tall defenders and too tall for mobile defenders. The beauty of Dizzy is that he can go with them on the ground and he’s not a liability in the air.

A lot of sides have either tall midfielders resting forward or “hybrid” type forwards who are both an aerial and ground threat. Gardiner is a great match up for both types.

TheZork

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I know it has been said before, but Hughie and Jarrod are going to be elite.

And Darcy Gardiner is developing into that reliable, no frills defender you need.
Spine of McStay, Hipwood, Big O, Andrews and Gardiner is sorted. McStay has been better than people think Imo. We just need to build a solid midfield around them.

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Watching Predator on 7Mate tonight. If it bleeds we can kill it. Makes me smile. Thought I'd post it in the positives thread as I didn't know where else to post it.

Some one posted this in an earlier thread so props to them, its funny.. but our 2018 incarnation of Leighs stirring speech is.. 'if it bleeds we can lead it at some stage in the 4th'

We start our six game winning streak on Sunday.
North
Essendon
Giants
Freo
Carlton
Hawks

And therefore in the finals race!

If we ended up 7-15 from 1-9 I suspect the 2017 vs 2018 thread and the positives thread would be getting a workout ... oh and the ones about Brisbane needing a priority pick and who has the best young list ones as well.

Waite towelled up Patful badly in 2013 at the Gabba. Great player comparison but just not for this weekend!
It seems like Waite towels us up every time he plays against us.
Feels to me like more of a threat than Browne. But he towelled us up last time we met.
The backline boys have got a big job to do this weekend.

Back