The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Beating Hawthorn twice in the same year is an accomplishment.

If I did some stats research, I could probably work out the last time any team has achieved that feat.

I could be wrong but I’m guessing it’s been a while

To spoil the party a little, Suns 2017. Also Geelong in 2017 (and 2016).

Beams is the bigger name and mentioned in plenty of articles. Kane Cornes never really impressed me with his analysis - was expecting McCluggage to get dissed, despite (in my admittedly unlearned opinion) him having a better midfield game than Beams (who played well, just not exceptional).

Rayner was a big talking point out of the game - thought he might get a call-up. But there was also an article floating around about Walker, so not surprised to see his name pop up. Cornes has previously just regurgitated things from match reports. No idea how much he actually watches.

Great for Josh to be recognised.
Hugh very unlucky.
I think he will get Brownlow points for that effort.
Nah, I reckon Clug will get dissed by the Brownlow votes as well - umpires are always on the look-out for the established stars and give them points whether they deserve it or not - one of the reasons I value the AFLCA votes instead (of course, if that gained in prestige, it would become completely useless). I would say likelihood would be Beams 3, O'Meara 2, and then maybe Stef for the 1? Clug might sneak in there, but it could just as easily be Zorko, just because they always go back to their defaults.

Barrett will need to come up with some other bullshit to write in his pathetic excuse for journalism "sliding doors" (still not sure he knows what that means) article this week.

4 wins, 91.7%.
Longest active winning streak in the league.
Clear improvement.

Suck it, Barrett.

DiSIyk8VQAA4AbZ.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the Chris Fagan segment on AFL360 (no doubt the club will upload it tomorrow) and I challenge anyone not to be grinning in delight whilst watching it.

A lot of love for Coach Fagan from Gerard / Robbo and finally it feels like the club is winning respect back from the footy world.

Coach Fagan is a star and the best appointment by the club in recent memory.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/lion-benefits-from-trainer-s-midas-touch

McStay had kicked 9.12 for the year prior to working with Dave Alred. Since then he's kicked 6.1.

Also this quote from Dan pumped me up far too much for a Thursday morning.

"The Crows have had the wood over us ever since I've been here, but I don't think they've played this Brisbane Lions team."

Confidence player if ever there was one.

He’s going to absolutely explode one of these days.

All those almost marks are going to stick and instead of kicking 2.3 and 2 0OB on the full he’ll kick 7.1 or 8 straight

It might not happen next game but it will happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back