The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Witherden into $3.20 for the rising star. Hype around Stephensen is over the top. Cam at $16 if people want a hit of that
Stephenson should be favourite at this stage, however you would think variables would be taken into consideration. Like how Stephensen is in a top 4 team which means he is getting massive f50 numbers to get goals. Witherden often taking the most dangerous kick to open up lines etc. I can't see us getting it though as Taylor got one several years ago. Reckon they want to share it around.

Like how Stephensen is in a top 4 team which means he is getting massive f50 numbers to get goals.

The counter argument to that is Witherdon is in a bottom 4 team which means he is getting massive d50 numbers ..

The counter argument to that is Witherdon is in a bottom 4 team which means he is getting massive d50 numbers ..
That counter argument to that is that, much like Rayner, he doesn't have an "o" in his name.

Stephenson still ahead of Witherden for mine, but three more good weeks for Witherden and three more ordinary weeks for Stephenson and it'll be very close.

I think Doedee will get more votes than witho even if stephenson comes back to the field. In any case unless stephenson really struggles the next few weeks I think he's the worthy winner.

There was a article on the Roar comparing Witherden and Stephenson. Witherden is elite in more categories than Stephenson. IMO Stephenson is more flashier and from a big Melbourne team so gets more attention.

There was a article on the Roar comparing Witherden and Stephenson. Witherden is elite in more categories than Stephenson. IMO Stephenson is more flashier and from a big Melbourne team so gets more attention.

I don’t think Witherden would be too far from the all Australian squad. There are not many better distributors off half back.

Oscar is clearly our next ruck - but I really like him learning the forward role in depth ATM. Steph looks a bit lost when playing forward so the team is a bit limited when circumstance means he has to fill in there. By the time oscar becomes the full time ruck he will have enough experience to move successfully to the forward line as needed. Fagan is building depth across the player as well as the playing group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the trademarks of really good teams over the years is even when they’re not playing well, they still manage to keep the scoreboard ticking over enough to stay in games. Thought we were awful at times yesterday and had many players down (if not statistically, then in effectiveness), yet still nearly managed to pull off a win against a pretty fair side.

I was thinking this too... in both the Adelaide and Kanga's games we were pretty ordinary at times and yet in both games we just found a way to stay in it.

There's a resilience to us now that has been missing for years... I don't notice heads dropping even when we go down a few goals. We ran above the ground in the big wins over the Hawks and Carlton, but I just can't recall the plodding ( bar Froggies normal :) ) we used to do at the end of games.

There's a maturity we've lacked creeping in. I hesitate to call it belief because we used to be over confident before we deserved it. But that's probably exactly what it is. And its bloody brilliant.

Well done to our footy club- http://www.lions.com.au/news/2018-08-09/allens-story

Today is a proud moment for Allen Christensen at the Brisbane Lions and it has nothing to do with a football field.

Today the Club will launch its first Reconciliation Action Plan.

“We’ve put all these things down on paper and it’s going to hold us to account. It’s going to allow us to engage more with everyone. It doesn’t matter if it’s big or small now. It’s on a document, so we are accountable,” Christensen said.

Past players of Indigenous heritage including Chris Johnson, Darryl White, Des Headland, Anthony Corrie, Ash McGrath will be at the Kangaroo Points Cliffs to witness the event.

“Hopefully the guys can see that the Club is taking massive steps forward in that area,” Christensen said.

Joining them will be administration staff, coaches, players, members of the board, staff from AFL Queensland, staff from the Institute of Urban and Indigenous Health, Uncle Desmond, the Yeronpan dancers, media and members of Brisbane’s Indigenous community.

“I think for it to keep succeeding, to be a long-term solution, it’s not just me, Charlie, Cedric and a few people upstairs, it’s got to be the whole Club buying in,” Christensen said.

Charlie Cameron is still 5th on our goal scorers list at 17 despite missing half the season. Gonna be a massive in next season.
Any word on his recovery anyone?
Just a little, tiny bit nervous having heard nothing ,or have I missed any updates on his ankle.
I'm with you all the same , can't wait for next year with him back tbh.

I'm even exited about the draft this year , we have improved so much , but also we will get a top 5 draft pick.
Win Win.

Just a little, tiny bit nervous having heard nothing ,or have I missed any updates on his ankle.

I'm even exited about the draft this year , we have improved so much , but also we will get a top 5 draft pick.
Win Win.

I think it's just a matter of time but it's not the end of the world if he doesnt run again for a while.

Win Win.

was doing a bunch of rope work the other day without any boot on or anything like that.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but.....

Fun Fact: Dizzy Gardiner is equal 4th in the AFL for disposal efficiency in 2018 averaging 85.7%.

Good effort that one. Maybe doesn't quite get the recognition he deserves in this area.

a lot to do with our play keeps style. I love it. We finally have the skills to do it. Hodey, Harris, Dizz and Witho all feed each other chips out the back

With 36 goals Hippy has our highest individual goal-kicking tally since 2012 (the last year anyone kicked 40+) and a good chance to break the 40 goal mark. Very excited to see how dangerous he can be once he has an uninterrupted summer in the gym and better service out of the middle as our young midfielders improve.

It's great that we have two key posts locked down with him and Harris and hopefully another 10 years minimum from each.

This man. Give him a three year coaching contract starting 2020 now. Lock him in.

Photo was captioned (not exact words) hodge on the bench asking to review footage from the game, looked at it then provided feedback to cutler.

Attachments

• IMG_0616.JPG
    IMG_0616.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back