The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Justin Clarke seriously impressed me tonight. Don't think I saw him get beaten once, with the only downside being when he was dragged down with the ball on one occasion. Outside of that, he committed himself to every contest, showed decent skills, and saved at least one otherwise certain goal. Very encouraging debut from a young KPD, and added value to my belief that he'll be a 10+ year player for us.

In the post match interview with him uploaded on the club site he looks absolutely stoked to have gotten an opportunity too. Rapt for him, and for the club to have him. Not only a talented footballer, but a quality individual.

Dan12

Club Legend
Dec 19, 2011
Albury
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Clarke, Docherty, Mayes and Paperone- the young guys continue to impress and this group of very young players making their way in the seniors is growing weekly it seems!

AFLQLD

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
There are other teams?
A month into the season and Luenberger is just fantastic already. It is almost like he got better even when he was out injured most of last season. And give Longer a couple of seasons and that combination will be incredible.

Mar 27, 2006
Bribie Island
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket Team
A month into the season and Luenberger is just fantastic already. It is almost like he got better even when he was out injured most of last season. And give Longer a couple of seasons and that combination will be incredible.
Leuy looks like he is really enjoying his footy.Great to see:thumbsu:

AFLQLD

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
There are other teams?
A special positive for Polkinghorne, he stepped up today. Perhaps the week in the reserves helped him mentally but he looked like he really belonged today. For a much maligned player it was a pleasure to see.

AFLQLD

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
There are other teams?
In keeping with a brand new tradition (contradiction though that is), when the vent thread rears its ugly head, so too shall the positives thread.

Let me kick it off for this week:

Luenberger is a top notch ruckman and will get better and drag Longer up with him.

Paparone will kick plenty when our forward issues are sorted and he will do it all day for ten years.

Hanley just gets better. What a gun.

Moloney showed a fair bit of class to fight back after an ordinary first quarter. Great pickup.

Lester is a tough player who has plenty of improvement left and is going to make his mark.

I better stop and leave some for others!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pulsade

Debutant
Nov 26, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, GS Warriors
Lester - 27 touches, 17 contested, 6 tackles 1 goal.... Nice game from a 20 year old kid with (now) 24 games under his belt.

Looking forward to seeing him with another preseason and 16 or so games experience under his belt.

And he can play all over the place! Was playing more through the midfield today (I think, it's hard to see on TV) and did really well. I really like Lester and even if he doesn't evolve into a superstar he should be an above average role player. Has done well this year with his opportunities at all levels.

AFLQLD

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
There are other teams?
And he can play all over the place! Was playing more through the midfield today (I think, it's hard to see on TV) and did really well. I really like Lester and even if he doesn't evolve into a superstar he should be an above average role player. Has done well this year with his opportunities at all levels.

I think you will always get an honest effort from Lester. Going to be good!

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
I think you will always get an honest effort from Lester. Going to be good!

I was slow to warm to Lester, but towards the back end of the season and on today's effort, there is a lot to like and someone I get the feeling the coaches rate quite highly.

Another guy that IMO continues to improve is Yeo. I'll admit, like all of our young guys, he is prone to the odd error, but whenever he does so, he is taking the game on, which you can't fault.

AFLQLD

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
There are other teams?
Two good games from Polkinghorne. Sure, not always great disposal but against the best pressure in the AFL he was involved in the game.

In these last two games he looks like he knows why he is out there and that he can make an impact. After waiting for this sort of contribution for such a long time, his work in the last two weeks has been a real positive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back