The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

My big positive.

Following the game the players were gathering near the behind post/gates where they exit and the crowd erupted in an incredibly loud "Brisbane" chant and it was absolutely electric. It felt like such a united moment between the players and fans. It was pure magic.

Kangas just got spanked by Freo, harder to back up after you get spanked.

In contrast we just beat the reigning premiers.

And they are still favourites ...
:rolleyes:

Ah, that's all good - we'll probably get wound in as the week progresses but not starting favourites with the bookies isn't a concern for me personally at all. We weren't favourites on saturday night either - we'll smash North regardless :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Main positive for mine - it's only round one and we played well. Yes the opposition are going to improve as the season goes on.
BUT SO ARE WE!

King is right. I thought our handballs from congestion and spread won us that game.
The best thing about this game as a comparison to the last couple of years was that our blokes were always in motion (not standing still) and receiving the ball in an attacking manner and promoting the ball, as opposed to receiving the ball flat footed and then having to do something with it!
Good signs!

That our setup behind the footy forcing the long bomb to a contest which we then extracted using some beautiful handballing.
We seen that at times last season aswell. But when things got tight we broke down at the contest.

I felt like our rucks, especially Stef, were more disciplined about finding good ball users by hand rather than just hacking the ball forward indiscriminately. I'm sure that's partly because we have more of those good ball users now, but it makes a big difference to the quality of ball going into our forward line.

Whatley on 360, the Lions are easy on the eye...they are the Sexy Lions.

Whately's dream threesome- Black Caviar, Winx, Brisbane Lions.

You've just GOTTA tweet that to Whateley and Robbo, mate :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back