The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm one of those strange ones. Sure he can get his hands on the ball around the ground but I still cringe when Steph gets the ball in his hands, and he's of nearly zero use as a forward.

Although I will admit the ruckmen are more important in the center square since the 666:devil: introduction.

He’s leading the league in score launches so he can’t be all that bad.

I'm one of those strange ones. Sure he can get his hands on the ball around the ground but I still cringe when Steph gets the ball in his hands, and he's of nearly zero use as a forward.

Although I will admit the ruckmen are more important in the center square since the 666:devil: introduction.

Just think of him as a really tall midfielder who can ruck, but has skills by foot only marginally better than Andrew Dunkley. His positives far far outweigh the negatives though.

We are 3-2
We have got through the incredibly hard fixture to start our year
We have a 10 day break to mentally refresh and rejig the team
The Q Clash has an incredible level of importance to it this year
Further to that, the Q Clash is finally scheduled at a time Brisbane folks can attend without getting home at midnight

I'll just chip in to say I'm heartened by Hipwood's performances in the last few weeks. The way he's attacking packs and taking more contested marks does make me feel like he can take it to the next level and become a genuine star, which I wasn't always sure about. Also McCluggage is killing it and if we get up next week, 4-2 is a great start to the season.

Another 21 touches and 2 goals for Hugh this week. Averaging 20 touches and 1.6 goals per game, and they have overwhelmingly been effective (3 qtrs of the North game notwithstanding).

While he isn't dominating every week, he is contributing very well and you can see him becoming the 25+ disposals 2 goals a game player he was in his u18 year.

I'll just chip in to say I'm heartened by Hipwood's performances in the last few weeks. The way he's attacking packs and taking more contested marks does make me feel like he can take it to the next level and become a genuine star, which I wasn't always sure about. Also McCluggage is killing it and if we get up next week, 4-2 is a great start to the season.
Yes agree on Hipwood. Had an impact in a game when delivery into the forward line was terrible. Also agree McCluggage is developing into a genuine A grader.

Prior to the start of the season, if someone told me we would be 3-2 after 5 I would have been pretty happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice to jump on here after reading every one getting ridiculously carried away

WE WON FIVE GAMES LAST YEAR

We should still be aiming for double digit wins. We can easily sneak into the eight
The comp has never been this even or topsy turvy.

A week is a looonnngggg time in football. We could demolish GC next week and be on a winning streak and all of a sudden the lid off discussions return

WE ARE EQUAL TOP OF THE LADDER

KEEP THE FAITH

BUY A TICKET, TAKE THE RIDE

Zorks x x x

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Berry and McCluggage.

These two are the reason I feel positive we will win the Ballarat game.......they will have family and friends at the game and will want to impress in front of a "home" crowd.

Heart and Soul comes to mind with the pair of them. Worth twice whatever they are getting now.

Essendon's demolition of North this week makes me a bit more upbeat about the Lions. Essendon's form is red hot right now and they would probably destroy any (second tier) team they play.

Similarly, noting the way Port beat West Coast shows that the 6-4-6 format is going to cause a lot of lopsided scores when one team gets on a roll and the other loses confidence and can't get it back (even if they are normally a very good team).

I suppose this goes here. But our next 4 games are against teams below us on the ladder. I wonder when the last time we went into round 6 like this.

We are better than the Suns at AFL and NEAFL level by a combined 146 points.

Big brother has stamped his authority.

QClash lead is now at 5 games. The largest margin yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back