The positives thread

Have a look at how many goals they’ve kicked. There’s a bunch of players all on an equal tally of goals kicked.

Charlie, Hip, Lugga, Cam and Linc are all in the top ten (equal)

Hippy and Charlie 12 goals (equal 16th)
Rayner 11 (equal 23rd)
Linc and McCluggage 10 ( equal 30th)
They’ve all kicked over 10 but no one is top ten.

Still a real positive about sharing the workload, think there’s 42 players whove kicked over 10 goals and we have 5 of them.

Hippy and Charlie 12 goals (equal 16th)
Rayner 11 (equal 23rd)
Linc and McCluggage 10 ( equal 30th)
They’ve all kicked over 10 but no one is top ten.

Still a real positive about sharing the workload, think there’s 42 players whove kicked over 10 goals and we have 5 of them.

you can look at it a couple of ways i guess. Yes that's where they're sitting on the afl site but essentiall purely on goals kicked with no other sorting Hippy and Charlie are actually equal 7th, cam eqaul 8th and mccarthy equal 9th. Just depends on how you rank them within those bands

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
About fair

2A92E98B-AD61-472A-BF7B-DAC8EDC06BE5.jpeg

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05...r-taranto-lion-happy-to-be-part-of-the-debate

WA Lion

Club Legend
Jan 27, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I don't feel I'm bias when I say I still think Clugg will be the best of the three.
I certainly think you can narrow it down to Taranto and McCluggage.

Nothing against McGrath who looks odds on to be a 200 game player, but Taranto and McCluggage look like they have star qualities and potential to be A+, with McGrath potentially being a B+ type player (and in fairness the type of player every club does need in some shape or form).

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
McGrath has the best run and carry, Taranto is the best at contested footy and Clug is the best kick.

Either Taranto or Clug will be the best all round package. Taranto with his nose slightly in front though at the moment.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I haven't seen much of Taranto but if he's going to be a better player than McCluggage he's going to be one hell of a player.

I've posted it a few times on various boards, IMO Hugh McCluggage is going to be a top 5 mid in the competition within 2-3 years.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I haven't seen much of Taranto but if he's going to be a better player than McCluggage he's going to be one hell of a player.

I've posted it a few times on various boards, IMO Hugh McCluggage is going to be a top 5 mid in the competition within 2-3 years.

Averaging 27 touches, 11 contested, 7 tackles, 5 clearances and a goal a game this season. He’s very, very good.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Clug's first quarter was as good a quarter from any lions player in a decade - at least as far as I can remember!

He's going to have to learn how to deal with a tag because he is surely going to get sat on by the opposition every week now.

Clug's first quarter was as good a quarter from any lions player in a decade - at least as far as I can remember!

He's going to have to learn how to deal with a tag because he is surely going to get sat on by the opposition every week now.
Beauty of Clug is the wriggles and wiggles making tags less effective

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

I can live with that. Remember how it used to be for us in the past? You can't tag them all was something that was said about us all the time. Tag Clug, then Neale & Zorko have to get off the leash and make them pay.

Just think we're still one quality mid short.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I can live with that. Remember how it used to be for us in the past? You can't tag them all was something that was said about us all the time. Tag Clug, then Neale & Zorko have to get off the leash and make them pay.

Just think we're still one quality mid short.

Yeah definitely missing a mid. Hopefully we can pick someone up or one of the young guys can develop.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
We will be 6th at worst at the end of the round. 5th if Richmond win and don't make up 9% in one game.

I know losing games like yesterday is frustrating and it sucks to not be 2 games clear of 9th, but if you had told me we would be 5-3 after 8 games I wouldn't have believed you at the start of the year.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
A third of the way through the season and we have the smallest injury list, about half of the next best.

We're the new Hawthorn. Except we don't play that crappy boring game style that Wayne Carey hates.

Seriously though it's certainly a feather in the cap (Bell style) for the medical & physio team. You'd have to think it would be a factor that players consider now when considering moving clubs.

lionsrules

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2006
brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
liverpool
After the Adelaide game we take on 3 teams that we beat last year to give us the three game winning streak. Freo, Hawks, Blues.
Lets hope its 2nd time lucky!

After the Adelaide game we take on 3 teams that we beat last year to give us the three game winning streak. Freo, Hawks, Blues.
Lets hope its 2nd time lucky!

I'm fairly confident of beating the Hawks and Blues, but we will struggle against Freo imo. This week v Adelaide is very important. We win this and take 2/3 wins in the remaining games and we're sitting very pretty in our run home to make the 8.

Back