The positives thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dlions

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 12, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
We win this game against the Hawks and we are a very realistic chance of being 2 wins clear of 9th once again!

Nunez

Premium Platinum
Aug 9, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Neale played his worst game of the year and no Berry and we only lost by a point on the road.
******* hell I wish my worst game when I played footy was 26 touches and 8 clearances!

I think Matho or Berry would have been the difference, but also think it's a fantastic positive to say we went in without two inside mids against a very big bodied Fremantle outfit and should have won. We backed our systems and only let ourselves down in front of the big sticks. No shame in losses like that at this stage of development. Pain, yes, but no Shame.

scoman

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Jeeze it feels good to win games all the while knowing we've got so much development left in us.
That's the exciting part isn't it. Our key goal kickers could easily be combining for another two or three goals a game and we still look a running defender short of a decent back half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jason pm

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2015
Omnipresent.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fortitude Valley Diehards. Chelsea.
That's a sweet stat right there.
Yep, it's so bloody good to be walking away from the Gabba after the game with a smile on the dial and a song in your heart instead of a frown, a sinking feeling in your guts and shaking your head side to side in bewilderment and then walking in the door at home and kicking the cat across the room.

luthor

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Cocky Hawthorn supporter behind me on his phone early in the second quarter to someone or another

"yeah, here at the Gabba watching Hawthorn flog the Lions"

He left before full time when the result was beyond doubt.

It doesn't get more positive than that.:)

jason pm

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 31, 2015
Omnipresent.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fortitude Valley Diehards. Chelsea.
One of my grandsons plays for Yeronga in the under 12 Div 1 comp, I took him to training this afternoon and Daniel Rich and Zac Bailey were there to have a chat to them, the boys were excited as hell.

I know the boys do this sort of stuff all the time but it's great to witness it 1st hand, Richy even strolled through the middle of mine and the granddaughters handball game, I must admit I was a bit starstruck.

buttermuffs

Team Captain
Jun 27, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
One of my grandsons plays for Yeronga in the under 12 Div 1 comp, I took him to training this afternoon and Daniel Rich and Zac Bailey were there to have a chat to them, the boys were excited as hell.

I know the boys do this sort of stuff all the time but it's great to witness it 1st hand, Richy even strolled through the middle of mine and the granddaughters handball game, I must admit I was a bit starstruck.
Do you know why Yeronga never seem to have many or any 14-16 teams?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Top Bottom