The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Charlie Cameron outscored three AFL (TBC*) teams on the weekend.

*At time of writing the verdict was still out as to whether they could be considered AFL teams.

Queensland Under 17s performed well against Vic Metro in Melbourne yesterday. And apparently impressed a few scouts. The home team only got on top quite late after being five points up at 3/4 time in tough conditions. It ended up being about four goals but the Qld boys made a few fans.

There are a bunch of Lions academy players that will start to come of draft age next year, including Coleman’s brother.

Hopefully in the next few years, a lot of the work that has been put into building youth football in Qld starts to pay off. A lot of the talent starting to come through now has had good quality coaching for longer and been exposed to higher standards more often. If the academy can start to deliver two or three really draftable players every year it will make an enormous difference.

Unbelievable isn't it? Scary too!

...but s.h.i.t hey, lets enjoy it. Who'da thunked it!!

:brisbane::hearts::brisbane::hearts:
Enjoy it is spot on MacMum. The ride our boys are on at the moment is something no one expected. How lucky are we as supporters to be able to take that ride with them. Whatever happens from here on in, we finally have some real bright lights shining on the club we love and support. Looks like its here for a few years at least which for me is the icing on the cake.

Queensland Under 17s performed well against Vic Metro in Melbourne yesterday. And apparently impressed a few scouts. The home team only got on top quite late after being five points up at 3/4 time in tough conditions. It ended up being about four goals but the Qld boys made a few fans.

There are a bunch of Lions academy players that will start to come of draft age next year, including Coleman’s brother.

Hopefully in the next few years, a lot of the work that has been put into building youth football in Qld starts to pay off. A lot of the talent starting to come through now has had good quality coaching for longer and been exposed to higher standards more often. If the academy can start to deliver two or three really draftable players every year it will make an enormous difference.
Yeah, they got a good wrap on the draft board. Coleman likened to this years top small forward.

Enjoy it is spot on MacMum. The ride our boys are on at the moment is something no one expected. How lucky are we as supporters to be able to take that ride with them. Whatever happens from here on in, we finally have some real bright lights shining on the club we love and support. Looks like its here for a few years at least which for me is the icing on the cake.
Well said Mighty Lions.....lets hope we are witnessing the birth of a DYNASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More updates!

The last two streaks in the top 10 are in round 22 and 23. Given our record this year I'm tipping us to win both now!

(Collingwood's six will have to wait until finals.)

Latest update - one more left and it's the big one!

The continual good form of Noah Answerth.

He again played beyond his years against a hardened team in Geelong and not once looked overawed.

Great pick up by the recruiting team and really fills a need that we'd struggled with for a few years. I thought it would be Jaden McGrath some 4 years ago, but Noah plays like a seasoned pro.

Love the idea of going from a 35k home crowd to a 60k+ away crowd and getting ready for finals, on top of playing 2 potential top 4 teams.

After playing Richmond next we won't be overawed by any crowd number come finals. Awesome tune up for us. End that hoodoo as well please Lions !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back