The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If we're missing one or two key forwards come finals, we will be a lot more equipped to win this time around. The addition of Rayner (who had 10 shots at goal over two weeks playing as a psuedo key forward) cannot be understated. Guys like Fort, Oscar and Payne who play a role up forward allow our smalls can absolutely cut opposition into ribbons.

On the other hand, if we're not missing Hipwood, McStay and Daniher come finals.......

It's been 10 days, plenty of ice and other daily medical treatment would work wonders. Probably still a couple of weeks before full running

Icing us upmarket now. They use the post surgical water chillers. The water from the chiller is pumped through a sleeve that is wrapped around the ankle (or whatever). It can be set for pumping time intervals.

People with chronic pain and (older) athletes can and do have their own set up at home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last night was a fun night at the Gabba.

Lots of opposition fans choking on their early vocal commentary, freezing and huddled under blankets, and relief that we showed we remembered how to play (even if the kicks were short for to tired legs).

One of those games that will stay fresh in my memory for quite a while.

13BrSt22RF-92-2-scaled.jpg

The outlook is still almost entirely positive to me, really. All the fundamentals of the club are better than they have ever been - the board, the executive, the finances, the future of the facilities, even the long-running difficulties with the Academy sound like they have started to turn a corner since Littlejohn has taken over as Head Coach.

Add to that some very high-end talent 25 or under and a few more on the way this year on that front, and I think there's a very strong case that the best days of this particular run are still well and truly ahead of us.

I'm still quite sure Fagan is the guy to get us there personally. But whether that ends up being true or not, I can't really see our window shutting in any major way any time soon.

Oh, and the last time we kicked the first 6 goals of a game only to lose was against Carlton in 2019. We went on a 9 game winning streak after that. That's a good omen.

The cure for today - watching India beat England in lawn bowls at the Commonwealth Games and get through their pool.

It's surprisingly great to watch.
My cure was watching the replay of the Dragons-Cowboys game I skipped to watch the Lions collapse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back