The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty awesome to think as well as the 2 losses were when we were lackadaisical in Round 1 about five months ago and the game against Melbourne where we put the cue in the rack too early, a lesson I feel we've learnt since. Big September looming!

You can make a case that this is our year and put up all the data and comparisons and whatever else you need to make yourself think you can predict what will happen but the facts are that this is a fairly even year between the top teams , it's a finals series and the unexpected can sometimes happen , we're well placed to be in with a good chance but honestly who on earth would know.

We hope we play well enough to win at least 3 games against good opposition. Most times that's really hard ,sometimes it falls into your lap ,or someone elses.

Darcy Wilmot, Will Ashcroft, Jaspa Fletcher, Levi Ashcroft coming through.

With a little luck we are managing to rejuvenate the list and rebuild our youth stocks with elite talent whilst finishing top 4 and competing for flags. Bodes well for a sustained run of finals footy similar to Swans and Cats for the past 15-20 years. I remember Fagan mentioned when he first started it was his goal to build this club into a finals regular akin to the aforementioned clubs. He is succeeding so far.

BUMP!
Kiddy-9-Things.png

How lucky are we to have Conor McKenna come to our club. Him, Harris, Kiddy & Dunks were so good.

Our list management team are bloody awesome.
Yep, list management team deserve a raise.
Who have we traded in?:

Hodge, Cameron, Dunkley, Mckenna, McCarthy, Danniher, Lyons, Adams, Neale, Gunston, Fort, Ah Chee that l can remember. All of these players have been hugely important to both our on field ability and off field culture. Fantastic work.

Conors goal on Saturday was brilliant : I love him ,
How lucky are we to have Conor McKenna come to our club. Him, Harris, Kiddy & Dunks were so good.

Our list management team are bloody awesome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just thought we might need it. Only positive things about the Lions. And no negatives dressed up as positives eg "well the positive is we can't play any worse." Genuinely positive stuff only.

To start:
Mayes is going to be a gun, really top quality in a season or so.
The positive is this thread is going a lot better then when it started

There’s obviously positives from yesterday. Coleman is top of the list. Wow he is a good player, Bailey was also huge!
Spot on. I remember our first finals series in 2019, and Bailey being a young player looked a bit fumbly and off the pace. Yesterday he looked assured and dangerous every time the ball was in his vicinity. Finals exposure is so important.

Everyone will benefit from that intensity and be ready to go again. Let’s hope Fagan is able to emulate the rise of the 2012 Hawks!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back