Remove this Banner Ad

T Factor

Club Legend
Brisbane Lions - Ryan Lester 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 26, 2007
Sea Kayak
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Last year we got smashed by these guys, tonight we showed that the NAB cup final wasn't a one off and we really are on par with Carlton. Considering all the talk of us being near the bottom and the Blues pushing into the 8 it shows we are going alright. Maloney also showed tonight why he is so important , he was rampant in the second quarter and we really showed our stuff with 6 straight goals. Leuy to Maloney is going to be a feature for a few years.

Polkinghorne again. Doesn't get everything right but the change in quality and effort has been fantastic. He did some things tonight that were top quality.

That desperate rushed behind was inspirational. Highlight of the night for mine.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
The second half of the second quarter was amazing to watch. When we are up and going, my god do we look good.

To see two guys (Moloney and Black) almost single handily drag us back into the game was amazing to watch. I knew Moloney would be a good pick up, but in such a short period, he has far exceeded my expectations. Sure he went a bit quite in the third term, but what an addition he has been to our side.

Lester is another I continue to marvel at for a guy in his third year. Just a real honest and hard working footballer and a pleasure to have at the Lions.

And a shout out must go to Sam Mayes...another that may not have set the world on fire tonight, but he doesn't waste many possessions and belongs at the top level.

Elitek

Rookie
Apr 22, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yes! Lester has been playing very well lately, helping a great deal with our clearance issues, a definite positive!

AFLQLD

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
There are other teams?
One thing that was noticeable is just how fast we can move the ball at times. For a while in the second and third quarters they just couldn't keep up. We were lightning fast and there have been glimpses in the last few games. I don't think there are too many teams who will be able to keep up.

The time will come when we will be experienced and skilled enough to flick the switch and score fast almost at will like we did in the second quarter.

Might strike some people as a funny thing to say, but I think Voss has had three good weeks in a row. Has made some astute decisions that have paid off.

Didn't get us wins every week, but I'm starting to feel a bit more confident about him.

Might strike some people as a funny thing to say, but I think Voss has had three good weeks in a row. Has made some astute decisions that have paid off.

Didn't get us wins every week, but I'm starting to feel a bit more confident about him.

After the comments earlier in the year by both coach and players that it was the players letting down the side, we're starting to get visual confirmation that it was the case.

It may still be too late for Voss though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFLQLD

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
There are other teams?
My positive.. besides a thrilling second quarter that left my throat hoarse and a very competitive game otherwise. I won the corporate upgrade for the Collingwood game! Woot! :D

Well done! Hope you enjoy it. I swear I was supposed to win it this week!

Michael's first game. Kept Warnock to 1 disposal all night, and beat Kreuezer everytime the ball came to him. Poor guy was spent at the end. His place in the team is probably going to be replaced by Clarke.

Wouldn't mind him getting a run up forward later in the year.

Looks like he absolutely tried his guts out which is all you can ask. Great stuff :thumbsu:

A positive for me: I was out on the Saturday and a lot of times in the past couple of years if we were playing a team like Carlton I wouldn't bother checking the scores as I know it'd just make me sad. However on Saturday just past I was glued to my phone to the point of being rude. We're getting better.

piari

Team Captain
Oct 10, 2008
brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Does anyone else think that Michael has a strong resemblance to Roger Merret at the same age?
Might be the faces he can pull when he is trying so hard.
might be that he has the same long legs?
Just a thought.

Flying up to my first GABBA match against Collingwood.

So hopefully the loss will spur on the boys to beat the Maggies.

:D

Jan 13, 2001
Waiting at the door for the pub to reopen
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Man City
When we actually decide to run the football and push forward quickly we look as dangerous as anyone.

For deciding that whilst no-one else wanted him Moloney is still a top midfielder and we'll pick him up cheap (and to think GC are paying Brennan twice as much as we're paying Moloney :p) .

I feel proud to see Beamer run out in the number 3.

He really gives his all for the club, such a shame the way Neeld treated him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back