The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Bundy playing in the backline. Would love to see him playing all season there next year, offers a lot of run and uses the footy pretty well. Looks like he was made to play there.

I really agree, I think we get the best out of him there and it gives us a different type to Rich, Hodge and Witherden. IIRC he played a bit off HBF under Leppitsch prior to his long absence and looked good then too.

I really agree, I think we get the best out of him there and it gives us a different type to Rich, Hodge and Witherden. IIRC he played a bit off HBF under Leppitsch prior to his long absence and looked good then too.

He did, pity it wasn't persisted with under Fages as he really grew into the role the few games he played.

Bundy playing in the backline. Would love to see him playing all season there next year, offers a lot of run and uses the footy pretty well. Looks like he was made to play there.
Wouldn't suprise if it might even spark a debate within the club about Rich's future. Especially if the rumors about us being interested in Brad Hill have any substance.

Wouldn't suprise if it might even spark a debate within the club about Rich's future. Especially if the rumors about us being interested in Brad Hill have any substance.

Would allow us to keep pick 5 if we sent Rich to Freo. What else would we give up? Next year's second?

I think Hill is worth a bit more than our second. Maybe we could swap firsts if that's a big deal for them.

Would allow us to keep pick 5 if we sent Rich to Freo. What else would we give up? Next year's second?
Possibly although I think Noble is on record as saying he is against trading away future picks. Maybe one of our later picks this year. Freo will be keen to get more picks in this draft you would think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice article by Witho on the player's voice about the impact of Hodge: https://www.playersvoice.com.au/alex-witherden-how-hodgey-changed-club/

I was a reasonably big sceptic of getting 'good bloke' Luke Hodge in but the impact he has had on our group is undeniable. I hope we work something out for him to start coaching here if that is something he wants to do.

Nice article by Witho on the player's voice about the impact of Hodge: https://www.playersvoice.com.au/alex-witherden-how-hodgey-changed-club/

I was a reasonably big sceptic of getting 'good bloke' Luke Hodge in but the impact he has had on our group is undeniable. I hope we work something out for him to start coaching here if that is something he wants to do.
What a great article. Really pleased to hear that his parents told him when he was struggling early to get back up to Brisbane & give it red hot crack.

GEELONG defender Tom Stewart has not only been recognised for his strong season by the AFL All-Australian selectors, but by the 18 AFL coaches as well — after being named as the best young player of 2018.

Stewart claimed the AFL Coaches Association Best Young Player Award on 40 votes, ahead of Port Adelaide’s Sam Powell-Pepper who received 23 votes.

Brisbane Lions’ 2016 No. 1 pick Hugh McCluggage finished third on 20 votes, while Fremantle Dockers mature-aged defender Luke Ryan was award 19 votes.

Adelaide Crows’ Hugh Greenwood rounded out the top five with 17 votes.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ge...d/news-story/fe0717925768ced0fd116f9ec04858b6

Not sure how a 25 year old is considered young but yeah whatever

The AFL Coaches Association Best Young Player of the Year Award is presented in recognition of the player who, based on his performances in his first two seasons of AFL football, deserves to be acknowledged as the Best Young Player.

Silly award

The AFL Coaches Association Best Young Player of the Year Award is presented in recognition of the player who, based on his performances in his first two seasons of AFL football, deserves to be acknowledged as the Best Young Player.

Silly award
Agree, young in footy terms should be around 21 and under, 25 footy years in real life years is 45 and 30 is bloody ancient like us over 50s clique members in real life years.

Silly award

I’d have been happy to get it. But I’m not very good.

If someone that organises our sponsorship etc was to give us an account we could donate to for Fagan's shave, I would throw in a $20. Would be a nice touch for our forum to support this, and be seen doing so.

I originally started this thread back in April 2013 when any minor good thing seemed something worth clinging to. It was an attempt to find some positives at a time when doom and gloom seemed very much the norm.

At the time I hoped the thread would one day run its course and die off because we would be overwhelmed with positive stories everywhere. It took much longer than I hoped and we are not quite there yet, but this season it feels like every week there has been another great positive story or two. This season there have been setbacks and disappointments, as there always will, but it feels like desperate hope has gradually transforming into real hope and begun to transform again into expectation.

April 2013 seems a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back