The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just completed my self diagnosis. What are the best options for therapy?

I would recommend you to Haso for therapeutic advice but I am not sure if binge watching Simpson's episodes during the off season would be ultimately helpful for your sanity!

Yes feeling positive about the season for the first time in years, I am trying to keep a lid on expectations. We may not be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but I feel at least we are in the tunnel now.

Always been able to see the light...This, however, is the first time in a long time I can say that light ain't the express train coming from the other direction..

I'm positive I'm nervous of us falling in a heap from all the hype.....and years of being disappointed as a Lions supporter.

...and yet I'm positive we have genuine stars in our ranks. o_O:huh:

Matt Lloyd on the Sunday Footy Show just said he was talking to some Melbourne players about our JLT game and they said they were very surprised at how hard at it the lions were and that we could make the finals as early as this year.

Matt Lloyd on the Sunday Footy Show just said he was talking to some Melbourne players about our JLT game and they said they were very surprised at how hard at it the lions were and that we could make the finals as early as this year.

Well....the Dees remarking on our toughness is certainly interesting, given the rubbish they served up yesterday.

OTOH....

WHAT DO THEY EXPECT, WE'RE THE MIGHTY LIONS :D

Ic McCarthy and Cameron, we have 2 elite small forwards. Gonna be a great 1-2 punch. I reckon they are going to form a really good relationship, how win us heaps of games.
Rayner kicked 2.3 last night too. Him kicking a bag is not far off.

Cameron, McCarthy and Rayner will give teams nightmares.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rayner kicked 2.3 last night too. Him kicking a bag is not far off.

Cameron, McCarthy and Rayner will give teams nightmares.

Zorko also had 4 or 5 shots on goals. Most were nowhere near the goals but he was dangerous.

I was skeptical about shutting down our 3-year ‘rebuild through the draft strategy’ last year but after last night I’m very optimistic. Early days I know, but gee it looks as though we’re finally a club that can draft, retain and trade all in one.

That was the most consistent contribution yet from McStay and I think his best game for us - while he didn't kick a goal and take many marks he just made contest after contest and kept McGovern from having an easy time intercept marking.

If he plays with that effort he's a certain starter every week and the offensive side of it will come.

That was the most consistent contribution yet from McStay and I think his best game for us - while he didn't kick a goal and take many marks he just made contest after contest and kept McGovern from having an easy time intercept marking.

If he plays with that effort he's a certain starter every week and the offensive side of it will come.

Continue to be bullish on McStay. He was quite clearly given a job last night to ensure the ball came to ground and did it very well. Not a great night for taking grabs anyways. Is quite good below the knees fighting for possession also.

Eagles coach talking us up in the first minute of the press conference.

Good to see we dominated them in contested possessions. From memory we were up by about 10 at half time
Berry - 10 Mathieson - 12 Robbo - 13 Zorko - 13 Neale - 14

Won the clearances by 8 with a pretty even contribution. 4 players had 5 clearances, 3 players had 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back