The positives thread

1556782795713.png
1556782815776.png
1556782861182.png
1556782898671.png

Jan 9, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hipwoods contested marking and goal kicking. Were his 2 weaknesses but he's really taken big steps in that department this year.
And an even more positive fact is that he has 5 years before he hits his peak as a key forward. Even though we expected him to mark almost everything that came his way as a 19/20 year old there is definate signs that he is going to be handy in the future.

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Oooweee Broncos failing hard this year should see our crowds get some good numbers for the rest of the season.

38-6 trashing at the hands of the Bennett Bunnies tonight.

Expect more wailing and gnashing of teeth from the Broncos Old Boys Club.Would be really interesting to witness how the media dynamic changes if the Lions continue to shine and the "Bronx"continue to falter.

Couldn't find the news in any thread on here, but J Berry has re-signed until the end of 2024, whilst his brother has got an additional 2 years as well.

Edit. That appears to be because it's only in the print edition of the CM thus far as I can't find the article online yet.

Omg. Where did you hear?

It's up...

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...s/news-story/4fbcc944ba8494b51048193f7541306f

Jarrod Berry has left no doubt over his belief Brisbane is bound for success by signing a bumper long-term deal with the club.
Berry’s four-year extension, on top of his existing deal which did not expire until the end of next year, means he will be at the club until the end of 2024.

“I just believe in what we are doing. I believe in the staff, our players, our game plan and I think success is not too far around the corner,’’ he said.

“It was a no-brainer.’’

The Lions have also shown faith in Berry’s younger brother Tom, 18, who has signed a two-year extension before he has played a senior game.

snooplions

Club Legend
Dec 2, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not sure how much his contract is worth or how it would be structured either but I assume it would factor in continual improvement and increase year on year.

Milux

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Live ladder has the saints below us now .
we are so good up to 6th and we haven't even played yet.
Worst part is even if we beat the swans we wont go much further up. Unless it's by some ridiculous margin. But will help us hold 5th-6th.

Worst part is even if we beat the swans we wont go much further up. Unless it's by some ridiculous margin. But will help us hold 5th-6th.

Squiggle says we're 4th if we win.

I don't think we are going to need that thread comparing statistical elements from last year to show if we are we better this year this year!
What about quarters won?

What about quarters won?

Oh I am all for whatever interesting statistics someone else pulls together for our enlightenment … but the reason we had that thread was because we *felt* like we had improved but we didn't have the wins to show for it and it gave us something to hang our hats for for incremental improvement points and this should click for us soon points … this year we can still see elements where we need improvement (many) but even the Courier Mail and Barrett acknowledge we are doing better this year than last...

Back