M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
A great positive out of the game today was how seamlessly Mitch Hinge slotted into the team structure, looking great for our depth and I'm more confident now that most of our NEAFL guys will be able to step up and fill a role if needed particularly the guys who have been on the list since Chris Fagan took the reins, they'll have the style bedded down eg. C.Lyons, Cox, Allison, Keays, A.Smith.

Massive kudos to Chris Fagan and his coaching panel, this basic structure they have set in place for the AFL and NEAFL sides is going to pay handsome dividends in the not too distant future.

We could probably still win more than we did in the previous 3 years.
We can still win more than we did in the previous four years.

Ok, it does seem unlikely that we'll only drop one more game.

Can a 200 game 29 year old be the most improved player in the game? Talkin’ ‘bout Dan Rich.

Putting old dogs to shame.

dog-looking-sad.jpg.653x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Top 4, 9 rounds into the season o_O
I know I'm doubling up on my posting in another thread, but, the ladder makes a most pleasing sight. I just keep randomly loading it up and sit back and appreciate.

On another note Dan Rich needs more love for AA. Blokes on the main board throwing around names like Lloyd and Daniel. For mine Rich and Hurn are a fair distance ahead of the rest for rebounding defenders.

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Can a 200 game 29 year old be the most improved player in the game? Talkin’ ‘bout Dan Rich.
How old is Mitch? Agree Rich is having a blinder...as evidenced yesterday n previous games putting his body in the line of incoming traffic. Previous years it may have been an arm only.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
I know I'm doubling up on my posting in another thread, but, the ladder makes a most pleasing sight. I just keep randomly loading it up and sit back and appreciate.

On another note Dan Rich needs more love for AA. Blokes on the main board throwing around names like Lloyd and Daniel. For mine Rich and Hurn are a fair distance ahead of the rest for rebounding defenders.
AFL.com.au didn’t even have Rich in the best WA team this week, so he has no chance of making the AA if that is a reflection of Rich’s form. FWIW, on his form to date, he should be a lock for AA.

Yeah I have him leading out most improved player at the moment. Not sure of that's a thing at the bnf these days

Longest current streaks of consecutive wins against a single opponent:
  1. Richmond v Brisbane Lions, 12
  2. Adelaide v Gold Coast, 11 (now 12)
  3. Sydney v Brisbane Lions, 11
  4. Sydney v St Kilda, 9
  5. Port Adelaide v Gold Coast, 9
  6. Geelong v Brisbane Lions, 8
  7. Adelaide v St Kilda, 8 (now 9)
  8. Richmond v Essendon, 8
  9. Richmond v Carlton, 8
  10. Adelaide v Brisbane Lions, 7 [This wasn't top 10 at the beginning of the year...]
:(

We've already broken streaks of 8 (WCE, formerly =6th) and 6 (NM) this year. We've also got streaks of 6 losses to GWS and 5 to Port and a bunch of teams at 4.

Updated.

Bulldogs streak is up to 5 though and Pies to 6. :(

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think out of all of them its the Dogs streak that annoys me the most. I just irrationally dislike their whole existence :(

Also an irritating set of losses there too - both 2017 games we should have won, and then last year and last week we were very inaccurate and lost by 20 points. Hopefully we end it later this year at the Gabba.

Back