The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The article says beams has been carrying a hip niggle and a decision was made to play through but it's the reason for his poor form so he is going for a hip clean up and expected to return in the last weeks of the season/for finals.

it's a general clean up so not a specific injury issue. Wonder if he was carrying it here and it was our medical team working their magic.

Hip clean ups were big about 8-10 years ago but have faded from popularity in the general population as they were ineffective (explained to me by a surgeon when they did my knee). Elite athletes can overcome a lot but it takes immense effort and total commitment. Wonder if beams has it in him, given his mental health has been an issue for him recently.

And then ... it's not our problem.

Do you know why Yeronga never seem to have many or any 14-16 teams?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
No don't know sorry, the young fella has played soccer the last 2 seasons, only joined Yeronga and AFL this season. I'm not really involved with the club at all, I did my stint with all that volunteer stuff when my kids were growing up, I'll leave that to the new generation of dads.

If I'm chatting to someone in the know at one of his games (and I remember to:think::oldman:) I'll make an inquiry and let you know.

No don't know sorry, the young fella has played soccer the last 2 seasons, only joined Yeronga and AFL this season. I'm not really involved with the club at all, I did my stint with all that volunteer stuff when my kids were growing up, I'll leave that to the new generation of dads.

If I'm chatting to someone in the know at one of his games (and I remember to:think::oldman:) I'll make an inquiry and let you know.

Don’t stress about it. I’m been umpiring Brisbane Juniors for the past five years and was always curious why the club seemed to lack teams for where it was.

Do you know why Yeronga never seem to have many or any 14-16 teams?

I'd assume that many of the kids who are serious about footy move off to the larger clubs in the area like Coorparoo, Sherwood or Mount Gravatt.

Don’t stress about it. I’m been umpiring Brisbane Juniors for the past five years and was always curious why the club seemed to lack teams for where it was.
tenor.gif

Answerth continues to look good and like he belongs in the 22. Neale amazing as usual. Not much else.

Agree. Zorko played through immense pain to support his team, but he was clearly hampered. Thought Rich was solid too. Our talls got outmarked too easily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We go into the bye in the 8 ,who would have thought at the start of the year .
That's just accepting mediocrity IMO.

We should've gone into the bye in the top 4 and no, I wasn't expecting us to be in the 8, but we were and we had the opportunity to be in the top 4 and really cement our position, but no, we blew it in a really, bad way today.

We should've gone into the bye in the top 4 and no, I wasn't expecting us to be in the 8, but we were and we had the opportunity to be in the top 4 and really cement our position, but no, we blew it in a really, bad way today.
I think both can be true. It's awesome that we're in the 8 and we've almost beaten my predicted win total for the year already, but all of your second paragraph is also absolutely right.

A fan enjoying that things aren't as bad as they were 12 months ago, and 12 months before that, and 12... etc isn't necessarily accepting mediocrity, more celebrating that we are no longer stuck in it.

It's a tough one isn't it. What the worse pain? The pain of being shite & belted week after week, with a rabble of a football department, and a board full of clowns, or the pain of having our club turned around, heading in the right direction, far exceeding expectation giving us hopes of a top 4 finish only to have them dashed with an average performance that all but ends a top 4 hope & puts a serious question mark over us playing finals at all?

It sucks, but the second pain is still the one I'd take every day of the week.

It's a tough one isn't it. What the worse pain? The pain of being shite & belted week after week, with a rabble of a football department, and a board full of clowns, or the pain of having our club turned around, heading in the right direction, far exceeding expectation giving us hopes of a top 4 finish only to have them dashed with an average performance that all but ends a top 4 hope & puts a serious question mark over us playing finals at all?

People have amnesia about the last 5 years in particular. We had a percentage of 61% in 2016, and won 13 games total the last 3 years. I just don't get being upset about this season as a whole.

Losing games we should win sucks, but if you can't find joy in this season then maybe you shouldn't watch footy because it can't be doing good things for your wellbeing.

People have amnesia about the last 5 years in particular. We had a percentage of 61% in 2016, and won 13 games total the last 3 years. I just don't get being upset about this season as a whole.

Losing games we should win sucks, but if you can't find joy in this season then maybe you shouldn't watch footy because it can't be doing good things for your wellbeing.

All a part of being a team on the rise. We're still a very young team with a lot of improvement to come. A few more pre seasons

Better to have won then lost than never to have won at all...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back