The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not consistently but glimpses tell me he has the potential

There was a play in the game yesterday, forget when, probably second or third qtr, where he got the ball with half a head of steam up, someone came up to tackle him & he was just like, nope, I'm going through you, no fend off or anything, I'm just gonna run through you, and he did. He'll be a ripper in a year or two.

There was a play in the game yesterday, forget when, probably second or third qtr, where he got the ball with half a head of steam up, someone came up to tackle him & he was just like, nope, I'm going through you, no fend off or anything, I'm just gonna run through you, and he did. He'll be a ripper in a year or two.

A combo of Dustin Martin and De Goey

Daniel Rich possession count by game this season; 23, 27, 25, 24, 24, 25, 21, 21, 22, 22, 20, 22 and 24
4th in the league for kicks. Seems to have regained his confidence to back his kicking the past year or so. A good sign for the team when he's got time and space to put boot to ball so often.

Last edited:

When something like the champion data run home ladder is posted and your eyes not automatically looking towards the bottom end of it!

It looks like we've missed out on the wooden spoon this year guys!

Edit: Technically I guess I'm going too early, but I'm willing to take that risk.

Edit: Technically I guess I'm going too early, but I'm willing to take that risk.
Now you did it. This is like posting a picture of the fat opera singing diva.
I think I may head over now to the D & T forums and check who's tracking for that coveted No 1 Draft pick. :'(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now you did it. This is like posting a picture of the fat opera singing diva.
I think I may head over now to the D & T forums and check who's tracking for that coveted No 1 Draft pick. :'(

Ok so went to the ladder predictor to see if it was mathematically impossible for us to get the spoon. Having the Lions lose every game and having the lower ranked team in every game win we can make 18th by round 21 ... but since that also puts the Kangas into 1st *that* could not happen so we are safe!

Last edited:
Answerth seems to be the answer to the small defender that we had been crying out for. Obviously a long way to go but there have been some subtle things that I like from the young fella. Hope he continues his trajectory and can be our Nick Smith (highly undated defender IMO) for the next decade.

As has been highlighted might mean that Bailey is pushed out of the back half but this could also be a good thing with some more run/speed around the ball.

The thing I like most about him is he hits the contest hard and fast, is good below his knees and ins't scared to take it on. He also appears to have a good footy IQ, just think he is a switched on young fella. Could see him becoming a workman like (Adcock level) defender in years to come.

One thing I find is his kicking is a bit up and under, would love him to build more of a dart style of kick into his kit bag, but that will come with time.

Maybe I'm over tired from watching too much World Cup cricket and am not thinking straight but I'm not scared of us facing any team anymore. Unbelievable job by Fagan, Noble, Assistant Coaches, Medical Staff.....
It is a nice change to go into most games and be pretty confident that we will be highly competitive.
We will win a few, we will lose a few but competitiveness is no longer anything to be worried about.

Ok so went to the ladder predictor to see if it was mathematically impossible for us to get the spoon. Having the Lions lose every game and having the lower ranked team in every game win we can make 18th by round 21 ... but since that also puts the Kangas into 1st *that* could not happen so we are safe!
But,but dlanod has poked the Gods.

And if we do win the spoon his name will go down in infamy...

That’s ok
Just checked and apparently a bloke by the name of Noah is the number one pick this year. Surely Godsent. He’ll be our saviour and we’d be flooded with premierships subsequently.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That’s ok
Just checked and apparently a bloke by the name of Noah is the number one pick this year. Surely Godsent. He’ll be our saviour and we’d be flooded with premierships subsequently.

In this scenario is he going to demand a trade from Gold Coast to us after a couple of years of footy?

That’s ok

But for the love of God don't let a rain magnet like him anywhere near a preseason game in Cairns!

In this scenario is he going to demand a trade from Gold Coast to us after a couple of years of footy?

Doh. Forgot we don’t have our own first rounder. Death riding Collingwood is well and truely on.

Doh. Forgot we don’t have our own first rounder. Death riding Collingwood is well and truely on.

Did the ladder predictor thing again with Pies losing every game and the lower team always beating the higher one ... the lowest I could get the Pies was to 16th - sorry mathematically impossible (bar some exceptionally disreputable behaviour by the club) to get the first pick from the Pies.

Mind you changing the result in just one round was enough to change the Lions from 9th to 1st ... HOLD THE BOAT - just realised that the bottom four were on the same points so the *can* get the spoon if all of the above happens and their percentage is the lowest (3x48, 11x44, 4x40)

edit: I had completely forgotten we didn't have out first draft pick too - wonderful to be so non-draft focused at this time of the year!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back