The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The 'possible' future of younguns in both our back and forward line pinch-hitting in the mid or wing, i'm looking at Bailey, Answerth, Witho, Starc, Cameron, McCarthy. I guess I should add Rayner in here too, but I want him absolutely dominating not just pinch-hitting there :D :D

Our streak of games conceding less than 100 points is now at 9, which is the sixth best streak in Brisbane Lions history. Out of the top five, we won/made the grand final in four of those years and made the finals in the other.

Also our four home games won in a row is the equal seventh best streak in Brisbane Lions history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon we are starting to get real good at the min maxing side of the game. Minimising damage done when opposition is in control/has momentum and maximising our damage when we get on a run. This boils down to good teams finding a way to win, which we have done the past few weeks without really playing great 4 quarter footy.

I think our set up shows how important the mid field has become and I wonder if it will impact on recruiting throughout the league.

The current tactic in a rebuild is get the keys sorted then find midfielders cause there are relatively easier to recruit. Might see midfields become the primary target. If that’s the case can see mature age recruiting becoming a happy hunting ground as mid fielders rarely cone ready to go with 18yo bodies. Might lead to raising the draft age, something that I support As long as there is money put into keeping the academies going till the new draft age.

Lol. Way to put a negative spin on things. On the flipside i wonder how many we lost to school holidays.

Hardly a negative spin tbh as it's a very valid point and a very positive point at that. The kids of today are the members of tomorrow ;)

Weren’t all kids free yesterday? Would’ve inflated the numbers.

True but they knew it would be all kids free at the start of the year when they thought this game would be 18000 and last week when they thought it would be 20000 so still well above (unless 38% increase is a fail in your world)

true although it was only 1 child per adult ticket purchased so not likely to make a huge difference. if it did make a massive difference then thats a huge win because we'd be running the assumption that none of those people would have come if they had to pay for their child. So essentially for the missed revenue of 1 child ticket we got a whole extra adult one. Thats a massive result. Makes it even better.

My section has heaps of spare seats normally and it was packed this week.

Great for the Club - annoying for me having to listen to people rocking up out of nowhere complaining that we aren’t kicking it forward or aren’t playing man on man ... or wondering who number 6 is.

How good is Lachie Neale! I was one who was questioning whether we gave up too much to get him given he would be free the following year and the draft was so strong. How wrong was I! He is an absolute gun and without him this year we would be nowhere near 9-5. The ongoing knock on effect will be significant too with good players now seeing us as a club on the rise and in contention.

Edit: I meant to reply to Lions Flag 2020

I have to admit!
At the game live sitting in the stands, I barely noticed him. But watching him back on replay, in the comfort of my Lounge room, his in and under work was fantastic! He has been such a great pick-up. Both he and Lyons have added a dimension to our midfield that we have sorely missed.
Well done to the recruiting staff for bringing them both in to the club.
And Beams who?????

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back